Chapter 27: Are you fucking kidding?

My eyes blur with copious amounts of tears. If I couldn’t feel it being painfully yanked from my chest I would be certain my heart had died. My knees are begging to give way, my stomach queasy and a large lump is burning it’s way through my throat.

“No…no…Harry…no,” I shake my head furiously, pleading with him.

I reach my hands out and fist his shirt, pulling him close to me to refuse the distance he just created emotionally.

“You-promised…we-promised-we-wouldn’t-break-up.” I sob, leaning against his chest. This is not happening. My whole world is not falling apart, my heart isn’t breaking, my head isn’t fucking so confused I can’t even make my case. But it is, it all is and I can’t stop it. This moment is happening and I’m in it but I can’t do anything to stop it.  I can’t breathe, I feel like I’m going into cardiac arrest or something I just want to fall onto the floor and clasp at the hole in my chest.

Everything I ever wanted, and everything I ever needed that has been personified into one perfect human being is standing right in front of me and being taken away from me. I wanted this for so long and it’s gone, in an instant. I can’t…Everything is blurry, I feel like I’m falling and I can’t stop, none of this is real, I feel like I’m going to faint.

“Lola, relax. I’m kidding.” Harry chuckles, his arms wrapping around me and pulling me against his chest.

A wave of relief washes over me…not a wave of relief fucking crashes over me and restores everything that had slipped away in that brief minute where I thought my whole world had come crashing down.

My fingers wind through his hair, my mouth finding any accessible skin to kiss along his neck, jaw and cheek.

“Do you really think I would believe Ashton over you? Someone very clever told me he’s a compulsive liar.” His words are so fucking calming in my ear as I cling to him, still riding on the wave of relief.

“Harry I’m going to fucking kill you! You gave me a fucking heart attack.” I start to punch against his chest but his arms constrict me. 

“You should’ve seen your face.” He chuckles.

“Holy shit I’m mad at you. Fucking hell!!! Are you fucking kidding?!” I practically yell at him, failing to see the humorous side.

“It’s nice to know you’d be a mess if I broke up with you.” He gives me that stupid fucking adorable grin that I love so much. The grin that two seconds ago I thought I had been saying goodbye too. I am honestly paralysed by this whole thing. 

Kick him in the balls sweetheart! My subconscious eggs me on.

A light chuckle leaves me lips, before fully developing into a full blown cackle of laughter, which Harry mimics and we’re both consumed in hysterics.

“You are actually the devil. Payback is a bitch, remember that.” I warn him, whacking him across the head jokingly.

“Oh I’m so scared.” He mocks, pulling me against him and kissing my forehead. I look up at him with a ‘what am I going to do with you’ glare and wait for him to meet my puckering lips.

Our tongues entwine in a ‘I thought I’d lost you please kiss my heart back to life’ kind of way and I can’t help but moan at the familiar feeling I was terrified of losing.

“You want to go back into the party?” Harry asks, stepping back away from me and running his fingers through his hair casually.

“Fuck no. I officially hate parties, I’m never going to another one again if this is how it’s going to go.” I protest, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Alright, well I’ll go grab Alice and say bye to everyone if you want to go down, someone should be downstairs in the lobby that can take you to the car if there’s still paps around which there probably will be.” He kisses my cheek and walks back into the party, leaving me to lean against the wall in complete bewilderment.

What the fuck just happened? Now that I’m out of my Harry-induced daze I can actually process the conversation and realise just how fucked it was.

He has doubts about our relationship? 

Like which parts was he kidding about? And why would he do that to me? I literally thought that’s when it was all going to end, and I wasn’t that surprised. I wasn’t surprised that he didn’t believe me, or that he would so easily drop me over some stupid rumor that I slept with Louis.

I don’t know what to think. Thankful that he does believe me? Or should I be questioning why he made a big deal out of it and then suddenly dropped it? I just don’t understand.

I make my way downstairs, fixing my make up and hair in the elevator mirror before following some body guard out to the car and covering my face from the camera lights and hopping into the waiting van. I pull out my phone and scroll through the messages I had missed during my eventful night at the party.

Linda: Hey gals, breakfast tomorrow morning?? Might be the last chance to see you all before I head to LA. Lots of love xxx

I check the group conversation to make sure it wasn’t sent to Gab too, thank god it was only sent to Gem and I.

Me: For sure…lots to catch up on xxx

Scrolling...

 Louis: Hey, hope everything’s okay with you and H. x

Me: We’re fine. But I think maybe we shouldn’t talk anymore. In another world maybe we could’ve been friends but not this one, too much has happened. I’m sorry.

Scrolling.. 

Niall: WHERE ARE YOU WE NEED TO TALK!!!!
Me: I just left, I’m sorry. If it’s about the fact you just fucked Alice, we can talk tomorrow hehe

I quickly text Sophia when I realise I didn’t say goodbye.

Me: Hey gal, not feeling too great so I had to leave. Hope you enjoy the rest of your night xxx

“Hey, sorry we took so long.” The sound of the van door sliding open and Harry’s voice causes me to look up and see the two of them bustling into the van. Harry slides in beside me, squeezing my hand tightly as soon as his seatbelt is on. Alice’s hair is beyond-repair-disheveled and she not-so-gracefully pulls her dress down as she hops into the van, a huge grin on her face. Oh that post-fucking-Niall feeling, I remember it well. 

@CharJones: they never let you out at night, and when they find out you had liiiied they go why why why…

A/N: You didn't really think I'd make them break up over that, did you? Oh ladies you have no idea what you're in for, if you thought that was bad...prepare your hearts.

I promised Saturday and it’s Saturday. I’m sorry I can’t do any more than this :( I know it's not much but it's better then nothing, right?  I am super busy with assignments, so I wouldn’t expect much from me for the next two weeks. I hate being this person, I literally love this story so much and wish I could update every day like I used to. Unfortunately, I have responsibilities that take up way too much time and don’t leave a lot of energy and believe me we're getting to crucial times in this fic and I need all the energy and emotion I can get to put into these chapters to make them the best for you all. Lots of love xxx