Chapter 3: Week One

Just as I tuck myself into bed later that night, my phone finally rings and a picture of Harry sticking his tongue out flashes on the screen. I prolong answering it just so I can look at the picture a little longer, but finally cave and answer.

“Finallly.” I answer, butterflies in my stomach as I wait to hear his voice.

It’s been like three hours, what is wrong with me?

“What do you mean finally, I made really good time on the road, I just got home.”

“I know but it still feels like forever, loser.” I add the loser so I don’t sound completely pathetic.

“Oh Miss Jones I think you’re a little obsessed with me.” He chuckles.

“I wish it was only a little.” I respond quickly.

“You don’t do things half-heartedly though, so you kind of couldn’t help it, you just dove right in.” He laughs to himself, at me.

“True.”

“Excited for your first class?” He asks, trying to sound excited for me.

“Nope. I honestly can’t remember why I’m here.” I’m such a buzzkill tonight, I just feel off. There’s a horrible feeling in my stomach, and without sounding pathetic, it honestly feels like something is missing from me and I know that it’s Harry.

“I’m sure you’ll remember once you go to some classes.” He is so good at being the supportive boyfriend.

“Yeah but I think this was really stupid timing, like for us. We’re still in the honeymoon period so to speak and when things start to get hard we’re not going to be together together and I’m scared.”
“Lola, stop thinking like that.” He says sternly and I huff, rolling over onto my back and staring at the ceiling.

“It’s impossible not to. I already miss you so much, I want to cry.”
“Please don’t cry.” He says quietly.

“I won’t but do you see how shitty this is? I just want to come to London and sleep next to you.”

“Do you want me to come back?” He offers.

“No, don’t be ridiculous.” I’m so pathetic.

“I thought you’d be accustomed to missing me by now.”

“Not really. When we were friends it wasn’t nearly this bad. I missed my friend Harry, not my boyfriend Harry.”

“And what’s the difference?” He asks, I swear I can almost hear him smiling, if that was even possible.

“Well I think the main differences are I’m in love with boyfriend Harry and boyfriend Harry and I have sex.”

“Ah yes, two very important differences.” He chuckles again.

“It’s only till next weekend, and it’ll get easier.” I tell myself more than anything.

“Yeah, you’ll be fine babe. If it makes you feel better I miss you too, and I was very tempted to turn back like every 500 metres on the way home.”

“I wish you had.”

“I wish I didn’t have work stuff tomorrow.”

“I wish you were here.”

“I wish you weren’t away at uni.”

“I wish I didn’t have to wish for this stuff and that it was just true.”  I frown, letting out a deep sigh.

“I know babe. Are you tired?”

“Not really. Are you?”

“Nope.”