Chapter 15: A Broken Nose For A Broken Heart

I wish I had some sort of plan in my head when I walk inside Harry’s house, but I don’t. I don’t know what to say to him, I don’t know what I’m feeling other than angry and completely betrayed. Gemma’s break down only made me angrier at him. He could’ve prevented this, he could’ve done the right thing and told her long ago but he didn’t and now she’s in so much more pain than she would’ve been if it was a one off thing.

I push the door open and storm straight up the stairs, ignoring whatever aroma is floating through downstairs.

“I’m in the kitchen, are you hungry?” Harry calls, presumably hearing the door smash open.

I ignore him, the sound of his voice makes me angry and turned on all at once and it’s very confusing. \

“Lola?” He calls again, the sound of his voice becoming more distant when I walk into the bedroom. I pick up my bag and start to pace the room, picking up every strewn item of clothing or anything of mine that has been left here- shoving each thing in messily.

I can hear his footsteps downstairs when I go into the bathroom and grab my toothbrush and other toiletries before zipping up the bag and racing down the hall.

 My blood is racing and I fear the moment I actually have to talk to him, I am presuming my eyes are still puffy and red from crying alongside Gemma, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if I start crying again. I’m so angry, upset and pissed off that emotions are just overwhelming me.

I make my way down the stairs, my car keys still in my hands and I keep my eyes staring at the floor because I know Harry is passing me on the stairs and I can’t make eye contact with him.

“Char…” His hand grips my bicep and halts my fast pace.

“Don’t fucking Char me.” I hiss, pulling my arm out of his grasp and walking down the stairs, his heavy footsteps following behind.

“Fine, Lola, what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong? Harry what isn’t wrong?! Everything is a fucking mess and it’s all your fault!”

“My fault? What are you talking about?” He stands about a meter away from me at the bottom of the stairs and I can barely look at him I’m so disgusted.

“What do you fucking think I’m talking about? You disgust me, seriously looking at you right now makes me want to be sick. I can’t believe you, like I literally can’t fathom how you could do that to your own sister.” I drop my bag onto the floor so I can accentuate my anger with my hand movements. I probably look ridiculous I’m so worked up.

“Do what? What are you talking about?” He asks again, acting innocent again.

“Oh my God it must be so hard to be so beautiful you lose the capacity to actually think. You know exactly what I’m talking about, you knew what I would find out if I went to Niall’s and that’s why you were so fucking shady about it, and that’s why your sister is bawling her eyes out as we speak, so congratu-fucking-lations Harry you are the biggest dickhead I have ever met. How do you do that to your own sister?!”

His face falls, he closes his eyes in defeat and takes a deep breath- no doubt thinking about what bullshit excuse he’s going to spew out.

“Save it! Whatever you’re going to say just save it, whatever lie you’re going to tell to make this better just keep it to yourself because I do not want to know.” I shake my head at him when he opens his mouth to speak.

“Lola, you’re overreacting. You shouldn’t let other people’s relationships get you so worked up.” He says, unreasonably calm compared to me.