Chapter 60: Eye Spy

“You’re gonna love it.” He grins, an excited twinkle in his eyes. I love that twinkle. That twinkle gets me out of bed every morning, makes me happy every day, and helps me sleep every night. That twinkle is the only thing keeping the butterflies in my stomach alive with excitement. Gets me everytime. 

“And how do you know that?” I smirk, staring across at him from the passenger seat.

“Cause I know you Charlotte Jones, like a book that’s a really easy read.” His hand rests on my thigh, running up and down it while his other hand clenches around the wheel.

“Are you calling me easy, boy?” I snarl, faking angry as he glances over at me for a second, taking his eyes off the road.

“No nay never!” He cowers.

“Yeah that’s what I thought.” I grin proudly, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much today; an ailment that plagues me constantly when in Harry’s company.

“You’re very scary when you want to be.”

“I’m very scary when someone tries to surprise me. Just tell me what we’re doing.”

“Oh baby, if I told you then it wouldn’t be a surprise. And don’t even do the whole ‘but I hate surprises’ because I know you, and you love surprises.”

“I need to date someone who doesn’t know me so well so that I can have some sort of control. I feel like you know what I’m about to say before I even say it.” I scrunch my face up at him.

“But you’d have to break up with me first before you could date someone else, which you can’t do because you promised you wouldn’t. So looks like you’re stuck.” He shrugs, and I get a little too turned on at his expert reverse parallel park. It’s impressive how well he does them, and how good he looks driving, so sue me for finding it attractive.

“Bugger. What a joke, how’d I get myself into this mess?”

“The question is, how do you get out of it?” He smirks, thinking he’s so clever.

“Hmm, I’ll just have to piss you off and trap you into breaking up with me.” I smirk, climbing across and crawling onto his lap, sitting astride him with the steering wheel jabbing into my back, but the pleasure is worth the pain as I flick my hair back off my face and connect my lips to his.

“If you’re trying to piss me off, you’re going the wrong way about it.” He groans, my hand pressing up against his jeans. “Besides, I kind of promised not to break up with you either.” He smirks as I bring my lips up to meet his, and my lips brush against his teeth as he bares them, our lips not quite syncing up which is the best kind of kiss.

“Guess we’re never gonna break up.” I shrug.

“Guess not.” He smiles, his hand grasping at my cheek as his tongue slides past my lips. I grind my hips against his, before jumping from shock at the sound of the horn blaring.

“Crap, Char people can see in.” He realises, lifting me up and helping me climb back across.

I can hear my heart beating in my chest, my cheeks blushing bright red and feeling generally flustered by that…encounter.

“Fucking hell, you’re going to be the death of me.” He shakes his head in mock dismay, adjusting his jeans.

“Come on baby, we have to go, the sun is about to set.”
“And why does that matter?” I ask curiously, opening the door and stepping out onto the sidewalk.