#31 - Baguette

Yeojin's POV

It's been five days.

Five days since Hyunjin has stopped replying to my texts, five days since Choerry and Hyejoo were gone and five days Heejin has gone radio silent.

I miss Choerry a lot. She hasn't been responding to my texts either. I really didn't know what was happening and seeing as the triplets ft. Heejin haven't been talking to anyone in our friend group (including Gowon, who never goes without a day talking to Hyejoo).

As a friend, and someone who had an ever growing liking to one of the four, I couldn't help but get worried.

Other than that, nothing eventful really happened. My parents still came and went, this morning just telling me they were gonna be gone for a day or two (knowing them it might be three). I was bored, sometimes going out with Gowon because she was also bored, and going out with the rest of the group too because they were also bored. Hence, everyone's bored, and having four of them missing was not a good addition.

I've found the timing kind of weird, but I didn't question it. Neither did the others. Maybe I'm being too clingy and they're just having a good time.

Choerry's POV

We were not having a good time.

Hyejoo, Hyunjin, Heejin and I were running around the city while getting chased by a few men in suits. We couldn't move very quickly, since Hyunjin had an injured leg. Some people were looking at us funny, while others looked genuinely concerned. Then they all were running away and screaming.

That's because one of the men just so had a gun, and he accidentally shot, in the middle of the road.

You know to have trained professionally you would think people wouldn't be idiots, but they are.

Seeing as people were already alarmed that were spreading out, Hyejoo took the opportunity to pull out her own gun and shoot three accurate bullets into the heads and chests of the three men. They yelled in pain and I did my best to ignore the sinking feeling in my heart as they slump down the road and we run even faster than we were initially.

We take a turn in a dark alleyway and all fall down at the same time, panting heavily. A minute passes and Heejin asks us a question.

"What the FUCK is all of this!?" She furrows her eyebrows while trembling, terribly confused about this situation. Can't blame her, though. Suddenly getting kidnapped and then get chased by a group of men with guns is pretty unusual.

And knowing that your girlfriend and friends apparently kill people for a living.

We all went silent, unsure about how to tackle this inevitable conversation. We laid awkwardly, waiting for one of us to start speaking. Hyejoo was looking away while I was wondering what Hyunjin would do, because right now, she doesn't seem like she's doing great.

Oh yeah, that's because a bullet had been previously lodged in her leg.

"Are you alright?" I ask her, and she gives me the exact representation of a '🗿' while still clutching her leg in pain.

"We're gonna have to get that bullet out without the aid of a hospital, so we're going to your apartment, Heejin, if you don't mind." I say, ignoring Hyunjin's stare. Heejin was still frowning.

"Okay but after that I'm actually going to need an explanation for all of this." She told the three of us, who nodded in agreement.

As Heejin was getting up, Hyejoo quickly stopped her. Startled, Heejin shot her a look of confusion and fear.

"Wait."

So we did. We waited for a specific sound, coming from our ear pieces, because we have those. There was a lot of chaos right outside the alley, you could hear how horrified and confused the citizens were. My heart clenched when I heard the cries of a small child, knowing it might traumatize them to see some dead bodies. I might've been used to killing people, but it doesn't make me feel less bad every time. If Hyejoo was hearing my thoughts right now she would reason that they want to kill us too. But then I'd be thinking about how many times I've been close to death.