#25 - Harsh Grip

Choerry's POV

As I was walking down the stairs to get breakfast after getting up from another difficult night, I see Hyejoo pushing the front door open to leave. Confused, I ask her.

"Where are you going?"

Hyejoo, without looking back, just tells me that she was going at Gowon's place and left.
Well guess I'm home alone now.

Not knowing what to do, I flop down on the couch and proceed to look at my phone. Too bad Twitter drama could only entertain me for so long and now I was scrolling through my contacts. When I spot Yeojin's contact, I stare at it for a few seconds before deciding to call her. After waiting a few more seconds, Yeojin answers.

"Hello?" She ask in her husky voice. I smile, believing I just woke her up.

"Hi Yeojin!" I exclaim, flinching at how loud that came out.

"Ch- Choerry? Good morning.. How are you?"

"Mmh, I'm doing good, but I'm kind of bored right now.. So I called you!"

"Aww, that's cute.." She mutters with her still husky voice.

I feel my face heat up and like the smart person I am, I slap my cheek with my free hand, making a loud noise that Yeojin definitely heard.

"What was that?" She questions and this time my faces goes red due to embarrassment.

"N- nothing! It's nothing.. Anyways, Yeojin, do you have any plans for today?" I ask her. She was probably thinking about it, since the call went silent for a few seconds, until she finally answers.

"Nope, my schedule is cleared and my parents are working all day as always. How about you?"

"I don't have much to do either. Hyunjin is in France and Hyejoo is at Gowon's." I reply. My face lights up, suddenly getting an idea.

"Hey, Yeojin! Since the both of us have the day for ourselves, wanna come over?" I propose the idea to her. I hear some coughing from Yeojin's side for a bit before she responds.

"J- just the two of us?" She hesitantly asks.

"Yeah! We'd get to know each-other better, and I like hanging around you, so I think it would be cool to just, y'know, be together for the day. Well- You don't have to if you don't want to.. It's just a thought of mine and we could just talk to each-other for hours like we did yesterday if you want-"

"No! I mean- Yes I do want to hang out with you! I really like you too- Well- I like being around you too! So I would really like to go over to yours.." She thankfully cuts off my rambling. I'm smiling so much that it hurts, she actually wants to come over!

"Yay! So at what time you wanna come?" I ask her.

"I'll be here in about an hour in a half if that's okay with you." She answers. With a wide grin, I excitedly nod, but then I remembered she couldn't see me right now.

"A- ah yeah! That's perfect! See you soon?"

"Y- yeah.. See you later Choerry.." And the call ends at that.

With a wide grin plastered on my face, I rest on the couch and close my eyes, waiting for Yeojin to come over.

I don't know how long has passed until I hear a loud knock on my door. Thinking it was Yeojin, I quickly get up, fix my clothes a bit and rush to open the front door. I couldn't have been more disappointed.. and a bit scared.

"W- what are you doing here, Jaehyun?" I ask in annoyance and a hint of fear. He laughs at my tone.

"Aww, can't I visit you?" He mocks with a smirk on his face. He was wearing casual clothes this time with no mask on, but I could still spot the gun in his right pocket. I pat my sides, eyes slightly widening at the fact that I forgot mine downstairs again.