#28 - Dream

Yeojin's POV

I wake up to the sound of shuffling next to me. I rub my eyes, it was still dark outside. I cautiously detach myself from the arms of whoever was holding me (I couldn't remember) and reach for my phone. I wanted to look at the time, the bright screen blinding me for a few seconds before I could see. It was 4am. The shuffling comes back again and this time my eyes widen when I realize I wasn't in my room, but I relax just as quickly when I remember that I was staying at the triplets' and that I was safe in Choerry's bed. More shuffling, this time a bit more violent.

And then it hit me.

I was in Choerry's bed, Choerry sleeping right next to me.

Holy shit. And then I get wacked in the face.

"O- ow..." I almost shout out, but then I remember Choerry might still be sleeping. I put my phone back to where it was then I turn to look at her. Choerry was frowning, something I still couldn't get used to since I've never seen her do that until yesterday. Her breathing was heavy, as if she just ran a mile, and she was shuffling around. A lot.

Choerry was having a nightmare.

I place my hand on her shoulder, trying to prevent her from moving around too much, since by this point I was at the edge of the bed. I start shaking her a little.

"Hey.. Choerry.." I say, almost in a whisper. Choerry mouths something, but was still asleep. I shake a bit harder this time.

"Choerry.!" I whisper shout, but that was also ineffective. She was still writhing, almost as if she was in pain.

"Choerry!" I almost scream, this time waking her up for good. Her eyes shot open and she immediately sits up, panting heavily. Choerry looked extremely tense, but she quickly relaxes when she realizes that it was just a dream. She puts her hand on her chest and sighs in relief, closing her eyes and letting her back lean into the headboard. Her breathing slowly goes back to normal and the hand on her shirt falls back on the bed next to her.

It was dark, but I could see Choerry finally opening her eyes, turning her body towards me so she could look into mine. We stayed like that for what felt like hours, the faint light slipping through curtains to reflect on her face. She was gorgeous, and I could feel my heartbeat quicken once more.

Choerry offers a small and tired smile and I was too stunned to give it back. She reaches her hand out and makes contact with mine, I flinch in the slightest, barely noticing it myself. She interlocks our hands, my breath hitches. She lifts our hands to rub her thumb against my cheek, my face heats up.

She leans in and places a kiss on my forehead, my mind goes blank. I was unable to think properly, and it seems as if I forgot how to breathe.

Choerry mutters something under her breath. I could barely hear it, but it almost sounded like a 'thank you'. I couldn't say anything as she pulls me into a hug. My heartbeats were so loud.

Our hug turns into cuddling, just like before we went to sleep. Only this time, Choerry was holding me tighter, as if she didn't want to let go. I didn't want to either and I bury my head into the crook of her neck.

Eventually, I could feel the arms around me relax as Choerry seems to have fallen asleep once more.

I wish I could fall back asleep as quickly too, but my thoughts were now a jumble of mess, and my heart hasn't recovered of what just happened yet.

Did that really happen? Because it felt like a dream.

I couldn't think more about, as I feel the tiredness wash over me as I fall back into deep slumber.