#32 - Missing

Yerim's POV

Hyejoo stared at me as I was frantically texting every single person I knew if they knew about Yeojin's whereabouts, not caring about the thousands of typos I was making. Some of them blocked me while others actually answered that they didn't know. Our group of friends confirmed that she wasn't at her house and not at her's either.

Hyejoo must have noticed how anxious I was and tried to calm me down.

Unfortunately, she's not so good at calming people down.

"She probably just went out on a vacation or something." She says and I just look at her, unimpressed.

"She would have told me about it. We talk to each-other about everything. We don't keep secrets from each-other."

"Well isn't this a lovely road trip we're having right now."

If I was in any other mood right now, I would've laughed extremely loudly, but my best friend was literally missing and I did not have time for jokes and sarcastic remarks.

"Stop, I'm trying to focus."

"On your horrible typing?"

Not gonna lie I smiled at that one. But it was quickly replaced with a from when Gowon sent me an image with the caption theres something off about this but idk what. It appeared to be a very close shot in Yeojin's room, considering the orange walls and the type of table it was. I don't why I remember that, but Yeojin was definitely not someone I'd forget.

The core item in the picture frame was a tiny green frog statue, where one of the eyes was pitch black and the other had the shape resembling one a hidden camera.

Gears turned in my head.

Wait-

"Choerry! Hyejoo! All of our things have been packed in the jet and everything else is also set! We're leaving in ten minutes!" Hyunjin yelled as her and Heejin went inside the plane.  I quickly replied with an okay and a smile. The smile wasn't really real, of course, I was still worried sick about Yeojin. I had to plead for us to go back home earlier than expected to make sure she was okay.

A day after the rescue we explained to Heejin everything that was happening, meaning that we had to talk about our pasts, like how Hyejoo was raised to kill, I had a normal life until some guy popped up and Hyunjin ran away from her filthy rich two-faced family to help me after some incidents involving the death of my parents. I didn't tell much of my past.

She also stole millions of dollars worth of accessories and items from the mansion and sold them all, so that we could live a more comfortable life.

"So you're rich." Heejin stated.

"Yes." Hyunjin answered.

"And a thief"

"Yes."

"They never called the cops on you."

"The media still thinks we were a happy family."

"Were?"

"They died in a car crash, and I went missing. Everyone thinks I'm dead."

"And you never told me any of this?"

"I mean you never asked lol."

"Kim Hyunjin what the fuck."

I giggle a bit at the memory from a few days ago. Heejin didn't stay mad at Hyunjin for long, knowing that it's definitely hard to tell someone about the fact that you're not really supposed to exist.