#23 - Who?

Choerry's POV

As soon as I enter the house, I feel a pain to my abdomen. I groan, covering the pain with my arms, and look up. It was Haseul. I gulp, knowing what was to come.

"What the hell took you so long out there! We were worried sick! Even Hyejoo went to check on you. What if something bad happened to you and we weren't there!" She started yelling and hitting my left shoulder over and over again, not strong enough to bruise, but it still hurt. When she was about to hit me again, I lift my arm from my stomach and grab her wrist.

Haseul then tries to hit me with her left hand this time, but luckily Vivi rushed to Haseul and put her hands on her stiff shoulders. Haseul quickly calmed down. I let go of her arm.

"Sorry for worrying you guys, this drunk man was outside looking really sad so I asked him what's wrong and then he started talking about how his wife that he really loved cheated on him and that she wanted a divorce and since she had custody of most of the things they owned and obtained custody of the children the poor guy was left with nothing left and nowhere left to go and drank his sorrows away. And I couldn't just leave him there while he was talking so I just listened to him and tried comforting him too. But then the guy passed out and I didn't have my phone and I was about to come back inside when Hyejoo came out and since she had a phone she called an uber to drive him home because he woke up shortly after he fainted." I lied, surprisingly well.

The place went silent for a few seconds before Jinsoul speaks up.

"That's.... a bit TMI."

Yves follows up, wiping a nonexistent tear from her eye.

"That's such a sad story.. What did he tell you at the end?"

"Oh h-he just thanked me I guess." Dang it I stuttered.

Haseul purses her lips, doubting me. I gulp down my nervousness. I then feel relieved when she smiled brightly. Great, if she believed me, all of them did.

"Well, at least you're safe! So enough of that, how about you get two pizzas and eat that ramen over there. Yeojin left some for you."

Hearing that Yeojin left some food for me made me feel tingly. I smile brightly.

"Is that so? Thank you so much Yeojin! You're the best." I tell her and I see a small blush on her face. I grin

"N- no problem.." She quietly says, fiddling with her chopsticks. Jinsoul lets out an 'ooh~' and my smile grows impossibly larger. Until Hyejoo ruins the vibe with a loud cough.

"Yeah so Choerry you're paying for those pizzas." She pats my back and goes to sit down next to her girlfriend.

"Wha- Why!" My smile is replaced with a pout and a frown.

"'Cuz you made us worry. Now hurry up because I'm hungry."

I sigh in defeat.

"Fine."

"Yow this was fun! Thanks for the free pizza Choerry!" Chuu stands up and stretches her arms. The others also start getting up.

A few hours have passed after that "drunk guy incident". It was late, so the girls decided it was time to go home.

I honestly wanted them to stay a bit longer but it was 8pm already.

"Okay great if we're done here get out of my house. I still need to finish packing." Hyunjin tells them.

"Aishh, you can't just kick us out like that! We hung out because you were leaving like- tomorrow! So how about you give each and every one of us a hug before we leave?" Yeojin tells her while picking up her things.