#27 - Home

Yeojin's POV

I was getting ready to head home after spending my day at the triplets' house. As fun as it was, I couldn't get my mind off the whole phone ordeal.

I was literally stalked for almost a week. It might not have been long, but holy shit the amount of personal information that can be collected in just a few days is huge. I didn't feel safe walking alone anymore.

Luckily for me, it seems like Choerry has read my mind. Or she could see that I was really tense just opening a door.

"Hey, Yeojin."

"Huh?"

"Want me to.. accompany you on your way home?" She sends a small smile and I feel like my heart just died. I died. I smile back.

"Yes please, I kinda don't wanna get chased down on my way home, y'know?" I replied. Choerry smiled brightly and started heading to the basement..?

"U-uhh where are you going?" I hesitate.

"I'll be right back, don't worry!" She shouts from the basement. The heck was in there anyway? I know I could've easily taken a small peek at it but I wasn't ready to get kidnapped yet. Just in case there were cameras installed.

How did Choerry know what those tiny dots were? Why does she know that dude who threatened me at least 20 times? And again, why the hell do the triplets not let us see their basement?

Hm, knowing that guy for some reason always has a gun on him.. who probably kills people... then maybe-

"Alright, I'm back! Let's go!" I get snapped out of my thoughts when Choerry jumped in front of me, her bright smile once more plastered on her face.

You're so bright I don't even know how I'm not blind yet.

"That's so cute!" Choerry giggles.

Did I say that shit out loud?

"I- Uhm- Well- Uhh yeah, let's go!" I nervously shout.

How embarrassing.

The walk back home was a comfortable silence. Well- maybe not as comfortable ad I wished because I kept looking around and behind me, paranoid about the phone call creepy dude sent me. Choerry must have seen me being extra fidgety because she took my hand in hers and gently rubbed her thumb over it. Gosh it felt so comforting, I now opted to just stare at her face as we walked.

How can a person look so damn pretty just breathing? God has a favourite and that person is Choerry.

Her smile. Just, wow. How her eyes turn into crescents when she smiles... I'm so gay for her. But hey who wouldn't?

Fifteen minutes pass and I find myself in front of my house, hand interlocked with Choerry's. My house might not be as large as the triplets', but it really wasn't small either. A bedroom for my parents, for me, and the nonexistent guests (Hyunjin only stayed one time; I usually am the one going to hers).A large dining room, living room and all the other rooms I don't care enough to remember; I'm usually in my room. The rest of the house feels unsafe. Blame my parents for always working till late.

I should feel relieved I got here safely, but why do I feel like running back to the triplets' house and stay there forever?

Maybe the emptiness I usually feel when I go in. Maybe because I would be alone until late at night, or even the early morning. Sometimes my parents spend the night at their workplace. The countless post-it notes of them leaving for a few days.. Heck, I even got one about them leaving for three days yesterday morning. And for what?