#34 - Gay

Choerry POV

Yeojin, who had sat down on her bed mid-story, looked at me with widened eyes, in which had astonishment, shock, sympathy, anger and if I looked hard enough into them, I can also see a tinge of fear. Of course, that's understandable, after everything that happened to her since the start of summer vacation.

We were quiet for a while, obviously Yeojin's gears kept turning in her head and she was still taking in all of that new information, and the longer it was silent, the more anxious I became at what she would say. No one else but her and Heejin (minus Hyunjin and Hyejoo, of course) knew about this. I let out a shaky breath. I just hope it wasn't a mistake telling her.

After a couple more long and agonizing minutes, Yeojin finally spoke up.

"So.. that's why everything happened?"

I had to force myself to not let out a relieved sigh. Her reaction definitely could've been worse. I took a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about all of this earlier." I told her, looking away for a little before turning my attention back to her.

Yeojin huffed and looked away for a bit, brows slightly furrowed. She looked cute doing that.

"Well I am kind of mad because I had to get involved in all of this.. and I didn't know why for a while.. but I understand that telling me all of this wasn't easy. I don't know what to say to you.. so I won't."

I couldn't help but smile a bit, knowing now that Yeojin understood, although I still felt bad she got caught up in this mess of my life.

"Yeah, I know, I'm really sorry Yeojin.. For getting you in this whole thing." I apologized once more.

"Eh, he started it. It's really not your fault.. I just was at the wrong place wrong time, I guess.." Yeojin shrugged and looked at me again, and now the fear in her eyes were a lot more prominent after she's reminded of Jaehyun.

"I-I'm not gonna die, am I? He won't just.. kill me? He knows where I live and he knows so much about me I- I'm scared.." My heart ached at how small Yeojin's voice was at the end, because I know how psychotic Jaehyun is and how he wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through someone's head, and he would even less if it was Yeojin. But I won't let him do that, especially not to Yeojin. Heck, if I had to die for her to be safe, so be it.

I approached Yeojin and put my hands on her shoulders. I then crouched to meet her face-to-face, staring deep into her worried eyes with mine who were filled with certainty.

"You're not going to die, I promise. I'll make sure you'll be alright, always. And if he tries to get to you again, he's going to have to get through me first. That man- that excuse of a man, is never going to contact you again. And I'll do everything so that you'll be safe and sound, okay?"

Our faces were inches apart as I told her those sentences. I kept looking into her eyes as I said those words, making sure they went through so that Yeojin would feel better. Yeojin, on the other hand, lost focus and didn't know where to look anymore. Her shoulders loosened a bit, which was a good sign, and then her eyes finally landed on mine again as she nodded more confidently. I could see that she felt a lot less afraid, and that relieved me. So I smiled, and she smiled back.

Yeojin must've noticed after a few seconds of staring that we were still very close, as her eyes started darting to other directions, and for them to finally land on my.. lips?

Oh..?

Oh.

I instantly felt my face heat up and my gaze hovering over Yeojin's lips. Her own cheeks flushed at my actions. Subconsciously, we got closer to each-other. Yeojin's shaky hands that were laying by her side moved up to hold my arms, her touch feather-like, as if she was afraid she'd make a wrong move. One of my hands that was rested on her shoulder went to hold Yeojin's uncertain hand, interlocking them in a way to tell her it was okay.