#41 - Guns & Chocolates

Yeojin takes a step forward, and releases a shaky breath she didn't know she was holding.

It's time.

She takes another cautious step, as if she was walking on eggshells. Yeojin has never felt as nervous as this before.

Actually no, that's a lie. She's definitely felt more nervous before. But we don't talk about that.

Yeojin takes a more confident step and then starts running. She lunges forward and yells.

"Yerim-ah!!"

Yeojin immediately gets elbowed in the face.

"ABSBDHSHABS- Yeojin!! Oh my goodness are you okay??" Yerim is fast to understand what just happened. It wasn't the first time, but it still catches her off guard. She quickly crouches down to Yeojin who fell on the floor due to how hard she received the blow.

"Yeojin baby I am so sorry you know how I react to being surprised...." Yerim cups Yeojin's face in concern while Yeojin just laughs it off.

"Its fine~ I knew it was gonna happen." She grins and Yerim raises an eyebrow.

"Jin-ah.. why would you do that to yourself.." She gently rubs her thumb over Yeojin's injured cheek, accidentally pressing too hard and making Yeojin wince a little. She is quick to apologize, but Yeojin just smiles and kisses her on the cheek. Yerim still blushes at the action despite all these years they've been together.

"It's okay, really. I just wanted to surprise you with something." Yeojin searches for something in the bag next to her. Yerim didn't even notice it was there, her mind too occupied with Yeojin.

"What is it?" Yerim tries to take a peek, but Yeojin is quick to block her vision.

"Nope! You can't see!" She teases, sticking her tongue out. Yerim chuckles and retreats, admitting defeat. She waits patiently as Yeojin is still searching.

"Ah! There it is!" Yeojin pulls out from her bag some kind of bar, making Yerim tilt her head sideways.

"What is that-" She gasps and covers her mouth with her hand. Yeojin smiles at her and hands it over. Yerim gladly takes it.

"How did you get your hands on this??" She asks her girlfriend.

"From Chaewon. Good thing we're friends with a rich girl." Yeojin giggles while Yerim is still admiring what was in front of her.

It was one of the rarest bar of chocolates around, and only people with high positions in society had access to such delicacy. In fact, it was so rare that many of the normal citizens didn't even know it existed.

Yerim unwraps the packaging quickly and takes a bite. She immediately melts down to the floor and Yeojin laughs at how dramatic her girlfriend was being.

"Is it really that good?"

Yerim hums and takes another bite of the sweet treat. She melts on the floor once again and Yeojin could not believe how lucky she was to have someone like her. She looks at Yerim fondly, her grin turning into a soft smile.

Yerim doesn't finish the bar. She tells herself that this was too good to enjoy just once. She puts the chocolate back in its packaging and puts it away.

"You must've really pulled some strings to get this.. Even Gowon doesn't give any to me and I'm one of her trusted bodyguards..."