#15 - Friends...?

Choerry's POV

"Sorry... I can't even tell you that..."

Oh.

Yeojin's POV

"Im Yeojin! Over here!" I hear Jinsoul shout at me from the table where our group was sitting at.

Choerry was also there, the seat in front and next to her were vacant. I looked at how my friends were seated, but they were doing so in a way that I was obligated to take one of those two places closest to my... crush. They were smirking at me.

I hate my friends.

I awkwardly sit next to Choerry, not making eye contact with her. I eat quietly, wanting to quickly get away after the conversation we had during science.

"Sorry... I can't even tell you that..."

Obviously I said something wrong, seeing that Choerry's smile dropped and just mumbled a small "ok". It was silent for a few minutes.

We stayed the rest of the class together, trying to start a conversation, but it always ended awkwardly. Of course, she could've just went back to her seat, but that would've been more awkward.

"Hey Yeojin! What do you think about it?" I snap out of it after the sudden call from Yves. I had no idea what the group was talking about.

"About what?" I ask, confused.

"The chocolate girl!" Yves replies and I stiffen. Why do they have to talk about this?

"We-well, w-what about her?" Fuck I stuttered. Good job Yeojin.

"Well, we were trying to figure out who she is with hints and all." Hyejoo told me. My body was still stiff, I wonder if it could get any stiffer.

"Why?" What a dumb question, from a dumb person. Aka me.

"How long has this been going on again, Choerry?"

"Uhm.. maybe two months? It started since March if I remember well.. what day are we again?"

"8th of May." Vivi swiftly answers.

"Ohhh, it's a month and a half then." She corrects herself.

"Yeah, it's been that long and we still haven't figured out the person giving it, but we're sure she's in the same class as us." Hyejoo seemed like she was impatient about the chocolate girl, or me for short. It's funny because I'm short. Hah.

Can't blame her, it's been so many weeks and I haven't said shit that could help their 'investigation'.

"Oh hey, classes start soon, shouldn't we go?" I change the subject. But really it was time to leave or else we would be chased out. Even though it was obvious I didn't want to participate in that particular topic; they caught onto that; we all agreed to talk about it another day.

That day never came, I stopped giving chocolate.

I never managed to have an actual interaction with Choerry after the science talk, it always became so awkward between us. Sure, we'd have small talks, we always looked at each-other during classes and sat next to each-other during lunch, but there was no actual progress.

It's too bad, really.. we were so close to becoming friends, but that one sentence made us take a step back and become two people that only acknowledged each-others' presence.

Oh yeah... it's the last day of school by the way. June 23rd.