#29 - Baby

Yeojin's POV

I take a deep breath, and open the front door. I look around and first thing I notice: nothing's changed.

I let out a relieved sigh. At least the guy didn't do anything to the house in the two days I've been gone from it. I hope.

I turn back and face Choerry, who accompanied me once more on my way back at the house. I think I've been a bit more scared lately, starting from when I got chased down the sidewalk.

"Thank you for walking with me. And for the food. Hyejoo is a good cook!" I smile at her and she beams at me.

"Yeah she is! Surprisingly, since she always stays in her room playing games. And no problem, Yeojin." She said the last sentence in a soft whisper.

"Are your parents coming back today?" She asks and I nod.

"They should be here by nighttime.." I take a look at the time on my phone.

"Hm, but that's still going to be for a while. Are you sure you'll be fine?" I could hear the concern in her voice.

I look at the inside of the house again, feeling more paranoid after the question.

"Uhh..." I hesitate. I wasn't really sure about staying alone even for only a couple hours.

"Hey I can stay here with you if you want. Maybe I could lighten the house up a bit too!" Choerry grins and I look at her with wide eyes.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Anything for you!"

I cover my face with my hand and bury myself into her. I feel like I couldn't say anything and I could feel my body heat up. And when I finally die from all of this then what?

"Th-then can y-you stay.. please.?" I could barely hear my own sentence so I was surprised when Choerry managed to hear it, giggling and patting my head.

"Of course I will!" She pulls away and enters the house without a warning.

"I- Hold on there I didn't even get to go in first! You can't just barge in just like that!" I exclaim, grabbing her by the arm. I wince in pain, remembering just now that I had a huge bruise on my shoulder. Not noticing it, Choerry stops and walks backwards out of the house. She chuckles nervously, lightly scratching the back of her neck.

"Sorry, hahah.. force of habit."

"What." Habit?

"I- It's a long story.." She chuckles again.

I squint at her suspiciously and step into the house. Choerry follows behind, this time making sure to not randomly run around.

"Woah, your house looks really nice.." She looks around the place. The kitchen was to the left and the living room to the right, both of the areas being extra clean, since nobody used them that much. I frown at how empty this place feels, even with the presence of Choerry.

It looks nice but it feels dead.

And now I didn't know what to do. I didn't even expect Choerry to actually accept my request of staying. But then again, it's Choerry, the nicest person to ever exist. And thank god she came up with a plan.

"How about you show me your room, since I already introduced you to mine?" She looks at me.

"You forced me into your room." I deadpan.

"Oh, yeah, I did. I'm sorry for being so forceful on you yesterday.. I shouldn't have lost my cool." Choerry apologizes. I take her hands and swing them around.