Chapter 6

[[ Okay! This chapter is dedicated to may4447 and AngelMemory... By the way, I would imagine Kagari to look like the one on the photo.. Btw, its my own drawing so sorry if its a little... weird? ]]

Sixth Chapter - No Matter What

3rd Person's POV

Both Mizumi and Yusuke are now in their zones..

Akashi has the ball and Kagami was guarding him..

He passed the ball to Midorima but before it landed on his hand.. Yusuke stole it and went to shoot..

But Mizumi blocked his path.. "The Generation of Gods are in a really different level than the Generation of Miracles. I can even feel the tension between Yusuke and Mizumi right here!" Koganei stated..

Riko and Momoi were both watching intently.. Since this would be the first game between two GoG's that they would witness..

Mizumi looked at the ball then at Yusuke... But he was already behind her.

Mizumi noticed and turned around barely catching up to him.. She knocked the ball out of his hand and Midorima caught it and was about to shoot but Yusuke was quick to block.

'He's fast!' Midorima thought.. 'But it doesn't mean that I can't pass.' he thought again and passed to Aomine who was behind him..

Aomine quickly dribbled and passed the ball to Mizumi who shot the ball earning three points for Teiko..

Then she went back to defend.. Hyuuga dribbled and passed to Yusuke just in time when Mizumi was about to steal.. Yusuke sped up to the hoop and scored..

Then Mizumi was given the ball again and she just threw it scoring an incredible three.

It's like when Yusuke has the ball, he usually scores two's. But when Mizumi has the ball, she scores three's..

"Now, we can't just let you have all the fun.." Aomine stated and stole the ball from Kagami.. Then headed for the hoop instantly facing Yusuke.. Aomine grinned and aimed for a dunk.. Yusuke jumped too and blocked. But then Aomine ducked and dodged his hands and shot the ball from behind the board..

"I'm impressed.. But that won't work twice.." Yusuke told Aomine.. "Oh really?" Aomine stated then was sudenly hit in the head by Mizumi.. "Baka. Don't go showing off things like that.. Once he sees it, he can see through it." Mizumi explained..

"The GoG's are really interesting.." Both Akashi and Riko mumbled.. "Coach? I've been meaning to ask this but... Why do you seem all friendly with Akashi?" Koganei asked.. "Eh?? Well.. It was like this.. "

Flashback (Riko's POV)

I was about to tell you guys that we were having a practice game against Teiko when Akashi suddenly called me.. He wanted to talk about something..

"What is it?" I ask.. At first I was really intimidated under his gaze.. But that all changed once I heard what he said.. "I heard that your team has acquired a member of the Generation of Gods.. Since we will be having a practice game tomorrow.. I wanted to see the events that will happen when two GoG's clash.. So I wish to observe their plays.." his face didn't really show any exact emotion but I know that my eyes were shining right now..

"I agree! For us to see the full potential of our players. We will need them to face another player which they are equal to in abilities and talents.."

~End of Flashback

After I finished telling Koganei about what happened.. He looked at me like I grew another head.. "That's why you were skipping twice happier than usual yesterday..."

"Now, don't think of it in a bad way! I just wanted to see how he does against another one like him.." I mumbled and watched the game..

3rd Person's POV

Through out the second to third quarter. Mizumi and Yusuke were the only ones to score against each other. The score was 62-58..

At the end of the third quarter, Akashi started seeing the effects of using the zone on Mizumi.. 'If this goes on. She might get injured again..' Akashi thought..

When he looked over the Seirin bench, it looked like the same was happening with Yusuke..

"Akashi/Riko-senpai, we will continue this game.. No matter what!." Both Mizumi and Yusuke stated.. then the last quarter began..

"Stubborn as always.." Akashi mumbled and made sure to watch if anything would happen..

Mizumi stole the ball from Mitobe and shot a three.. After the shot, Yusuke took the ball and passed to Kagami when he came face to face with her..

"Relying on someone? That isn't like you.. Why don't you face me so we can settle this once and for all." Mizumi stated..

Yusuke blew out a breath. "You really changed after that, huh?" He stated.. Mizumi just stared at him and ran for the ball.

She stole the ball and shot another three.. After that little conversation.. Mizumi kept on scoring more and more..

"Teiko High wins with the score of 154-98"

Seirin was defeated by a large point gap.. "I.. can't believe it..." Yusuke mumbled.. "That's what happens when someone dares remind me of that day.." Mizumi stated glaring at him.. "I hope you remember this.." she stated then walked out..

'I'm sorry but... I promised you.. I promised that I will help you get over it..' Yusuke thought and walked out too..

[[Oh my gosh!! I'm really sorry if I updated late in the night and sorry that this chapter isn't that long!!! I accidentally slept 8pm tonight and I just woke up!! good thing that its still the 12th of feb.. Well, please vote if you liked this chapter!!]]