Chapter 26

Mizumi's POV

I can't... I just can't believe it!!!! "This is not true!!!!!!!" I screamed... *slap* "Ow! What the heck Akashi???" "Don't scream here." he said and I noticed everyone giving me weird looks... "But.. But.."

"No buts Mizumi. Besides, it's true anyway..." What? "What do you mean Akashi???"

"Oops.." -Akashi

"What 'Oops' ?? Heeeeeyyyyyy Akaaaassshhhhhiiiiiii!!!!! What do you mean??????" I tried shaking him but he just brushed me off and walked away.. "Do you guys know??" I asked the others but they just shook their head.. "Mou, what did Akashi mean??"

"Then why don't you just ask your Mom? I'm sure she'll tell you what you want to know.." Momoi said.. I just nodded my head and we followed Akashi..

We all agreed to eat at Maji Burger and just hang out for a while.. "We don't have a game tomorrow right?" I asked and checked my phone.. "Hmm.. Yup. The next game we have is three days from now." Momoi confirmed with the schedule in her hand...

I looked at the time and my eyes went to the date today.. December 18.. "So it's my birthday tomorrow huh?" I mumbled to myself..

"What?!" Momoi suddenly screamed.. "Uhh, Momoi??? What's wrong?" I asked and closed my phone.. "Mi-chan's birthday is tomorrow?! Why didn't you tell me??!?!?!?!" she screamed and started shaking me.. "W-Wait! S-stop shak-kin me!" I exclaimed and thank god she stopped.. I thought my head was gonna come off..

"So what's the big deal?" I asked.. "Mi-chan! Birthday! Tomorrow?! That's the big deal! Why didn't you tell me that your birthday was coming up!!" it was like she was about to take an exam without even reviewing for it..

"It was no big deal. It's just my birthday.." I shrugged it off and took a sip from my strawberry milkshake.. "Mi-chan, do you hate celebrating your birthday?" she asked, her voice was stained with sadness.. "It's not like I hate celebrating my birthday.. I just got used to not have someone else celebrating it with me. So I tend to not tell anyone when my birthday is near..Wait why are you guys crying?!"

Momoi and Kise were hugging each other while Kuroko was handing them some tissues. But what surprised me more was that Aomine and Midorima are crying too!!! "Chibi-chin.." Murasakibara called me "That's so sad." he said and bit his burger..

"Sad? That's weird.. I never once thought of that as sad." I mumled and felt my phone vibrating.. "Now that's even sadder Mizumicchi!!" Kise whined and he was about to hug me when I pushed him out of my way.

"I got a call. Be back in a sec."

I went out and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hi dear"

"Mother! What's this about an engagement?!"

"Shh! Don't yell! And what's the shock? Me and your father have been looking for a proper fiancé ever since you were in middle school!"

"I know but.. it's so sudden! I don't even know the guy!"

"Oh you'll know tomorrow. By the way, how was your game?"

"We won."

"Then invite your teammates for tomorrow's event."

"What event Mother?"

"Your birthday celebration of course! Have you forgotten your birthday?!"

"Of course not! I just didn't expect that.."

"Well you should because from now on, we'll celebrate it together.."

"Okay.."

"Tell them to wear something formal. A lot of people who are well known in the business industry will also be present tomorrow.."