Chapter 9

Mizumi's POV

Gaah! I'm getting worried.. Mazumi told me not to go but here I am..

"You look nice Mizumi-san.." Kuroko complimented me..

"Arigato.. *oommff* I guess Momoi can't control herself-- Oh who cares!! You look adorable Kuroko!!" though he would look regular to others since he was just wearing a white t-shirt and a blue jacket over it then some pair of hawaiian shorts that match his hair and eyes.. Oh he's sooo ADOOOORRRRAAABBBLLLEEE!!!

"Oi, you two! Stop suffocating--Kise! Don't join them!" Aomine scolded.. I didn't realize that Kise joined us too

"Kurokocchi, so Kawaii-ssu! :3 " -Kise

I stopped when they pulled us away from Kuroko.. "You have to stop doing that!!" Aomine exclaimed..

"You're just jeeaalous cause you can't do that to him! Bleh! :P" I poked my tongue at him.. hahaha if you could just see his face right now!

'Mizumi!'

Mazumi?! What is it?

'Sorry but you need to go'

Wha--

Mazumi's POV

She needs to go before she could remember anything..

"Mi-chan, are you alright?" Momoi.. I forgot, they're all here..

But not Akashi... Where is he?

He's the only one who knows about me. So it won't hurt to ask help from him..

"I'm just going to look for Akashi.." I said. They gave me wierd smiles then left me..

Hmm, where is that.. There he is! What the?!

"Hey there pretty lady~" great, a drunk dude..

"What are you doin' all alone here?~" he grabbed my arm and tried to pull me to him.

"Uggh, let go you idiot!" gaah! I hate people like him! Why is he even drunk?!

*bogsh*

uh, what just happened?

"You're really weak right now. Mazumi" what who is-- "Makishima.. So you were the one. "

"Yeah, couldn't let anyone harm our girl. Right?" he said then hugged me tight.

"I've missed Mizumi.. If it were her, she could've kicked him hard!" I laughed at that statement.. Only them new how Mizumi really was around people she didn't know..

"By the way, there's something I wanted to tell you. About Akashi..." this doesn't sound good..

A while later

"Be careful" he said then walked away.. I can't believe this..

But I still need to know for myself.. Just like back then..

"Akashi. Can we talk?" I looked him in the eye and it seemed like he understood my stare..

"Why are you here again?" He immediately asked.

"Not here. There are too many people. " I walked away from the crowd and knew that he was following.

"Akashi, can I ask you something?.. Do you know some guy from Yosen?" gaah, straightforward as ever..

"Unfortunately, no. But I've seen someone from that team. How did you know?" -Akashi

Hearing that left me with ease.. He can be trusted.

"My name's Mazumi. Now you know what to call me. And the reason i'm here is because there's something that I need to prevent Mizumi from remebering.." I told him ...

"Mazumi, tell me. What is it that Mizumi needs to stay away from?" he's overly demanding..

"So.. Care to tell me?" he asked when I didn't reply.

I sat on the shore and looked at the ocean.. I know that I've gone soft.. And I also know that this isn't the right time to be soft .. Not when he's here..

"Keep this a secret from anyone, Akashi." I said then he nodded his head. "Do you remember the cause of my existence?"

"Mizumi told me about her bad break up..." I sighed before continuing.. "Actually, Mizumi already had me before that..."

"What do you mean?" he asked..

"I recall Mizumi getting involved in some accident.. I can't clearly tell what happened. But it traumatized her.. Since she was young.. she couldn't really take in something so heavy.. Then there I was.. I became her tower. Whenever she had trouble. It was me who handled them. I didn't want to burden her... But of course, she didn't know me then."

"How come she knows you know?" tch, such a paparazzi.. so many questions..

"I appeared as an imaginary friend to her as a child.. I'm not sure how she thought like that.. Then she forgot me. The break up trauma was the biggest hit. Since she and him were really close.. I didn't want to tell her.." I whispered the last part.. I didn't want him to hear..

I stood up and looked at the sky.. "Ne, Akashi.. Its really late. I think it'd be good to head back.." I started to walk away..

"I'll take you to your room.." he said then walked by me..

'No wonder.. He seems pretty nice.'

It was really quiet. Our way back..

"By the way. Can you get Mizumi back?" he suddenly asked.. "Why?" I stopped walking cause he stopped too.

Huh? That's weird.. He didn't answer? I wonder what--? *jawdrop*

(-/////- ) I-Is he actually blushing????

"O-Oi! What the hell is that?!" I yell. Tss, I take back what I said. He's creepy! And I thought she finally...

"I just want to give her a compliment. There, I said it.." he looked away..

He -- He's... Weird!! "Hahahaha!!!" "W-why are you laughing?!"

"Hahahaha! It.. It just... hahaha.. You looked weird! Hahahaha!! Completely different from the one before.."

"You're acting different too. You're even laughing." what?
.
.
.

No.. I.. I can't be laughing.. I turned around and started to walk away.. Ever since, I knew Mizumi really trusted him.. But I can't.. I can't just do the same. Or I can't protect her..

I have to go back to my usual self.. My strong self.. Funny, I'm just a side persona for Mizumi. Yet I'm like this.

"Hey, Mazumi.. We're here."

'Hey! Let's go for a swim!'

'No way! Coach'll yell at us!'

'Eh??? Don't mind them! Come on! Even you! H-'

"Mazumi??" Oh no.. He's here.. I looked around for a place to hide.. No where?!

Gaah! Forgive me!

I pulled Akashi and placed both his arms beside my head while my back was against a wall..

"What are you doing?" "Shh!! Just, act like you're kissing me!"

"Why?!" "Just to hi--he's here! Hide me!" he leaned forward and I heard them walk by..

'Gaah! Why does the shorty over there have a girl?! And I don't??'

'There, there Makishima. Don't bother the couple'

wait... "Oh no.." "What's wrong?"

Mizumi's POV

Huh? HUH?!