Chapter 34

Mazumi stared at the mirror in front of her. Bags in her hand as she waited for the right time to leave. It would be the last time she will ever do anything for Mizumi. The last time she would protect her.

Mazumi realized that everything she did to protect Mizumi backfired. It backfired but Mizumi became strong because of it. After this, Mizumi wouldn't need her anymore. So she wished that she could do a good job of protecting her for one last time.

She had sent a text to Luca to pick her up because she would be moving in with them starting today until they finish their rematch. She sighed and smashed the mirror before leaving.

She met Akashi and the others right as she was about to leave the hotel.

"Let me go."

"I asked you where you were going. Answer me first." Akashi said, not letting go of her arm.

"You've done enough. Akashi.. Damage seems to be non-reparable.. And did you seriously think I don't know about that stupid idiot you hired to follow Mizumi every god damn day? Now that you're personally here, tell him to back off or else. And let me go! I'm leaving!"

"Where are you going to stay?"

"With them. Atleast it's good to be with them."

"Good? Don't you know about their argument?"

"Ofcourse I know. I was part of that. I knew everything. Right from the start.."

"W-What?" she smirked at him and left without another word..

Mazumi saw Luca inside of a car with Kai so she quickly got in. "It's nice of you to finally come to your senses." Kai said as they drove off. "Don't misunderstand. Mizumi doesn't want to do this anymore. This is the last time and it's over."

Kai looked shocked as expected and Luca just snickered. "W-What do you mean? Luca, what is she saying?"

"Just focus on driving. I don't want us to crash."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The others avoided to look at Mazumi in the eye once she got to their place. She had wanted to say something to them but decided not to. Afraid that she would cause another unwanted outcome.

"We don't have a spare room so you'll be staying with me." Luca said, a slight hint of glee in her voice.

"It's fine. I'm sure she'd love sharing a room with you." Mazumi said and she started to arrange her stuff with Luca's help.

"So when's the rematch?" Mazumi asks after they finished. "In a few weeks. I can feel that they're nervous but having you around should do the trick."

"You mean having Mizumi around will do the trick. They're avoiding eye contact or any contact at all like I've got some deadly virus with me." Luca looked apologetic but before she could say anything, Mazumi beat her to it.

"It's fine. It's okay. I'm sorry for causing unwanted conflict between all of you. I understand why they'd be avoiding me. They must be feeling uncomfortable with me around." She laughed as she looked away. Taking a quick glance at the few pictures Luca had of all of them together.

"Honestly, they won't be uncomfortable any longer. She's strong now and I've done my job. It's time to give the control back to her." She whispered and smiled at Luca. "What are you talking about?"