Chapter 29

Mizumi's POV

I sat quietly at the dining table trying to ignore the stare of Akashi's dad.. *Smack* "It's rude to stare." Akashi's mom scolded. I tried my hardest to suppress my laugh when Akashi elbowed me on my side

"Ou-mrfm?!" then he suddenly fed me a spoonful of food! I looked at him questioningly as if to ask 'Are you trying to choke me?!' but he just mouthed, PUNISHMENT.. Uggh..

*RingRing*

"I'm sorry but I need to take this call." Akashi's dad said as he looked at his phone. "Do you really need to?" Akashi's mom asked. He just nodded and excused himself from the table. A few moments later, he came back and whispered something to his wife and she just nodded sadly.

"I'm sorry to have to leave when we just started eating dinner but I hope you understand that there are things that are needed to be done immediately." He told me. "Of course. It was my pleasure being able to meet you again Mr. Akashi." I slightly bowed my head and he left.

I blew out a sigh of relief feeling the awkward tension lessen a bit.. *Kick* "What th--mrgf!" 'Damn you Akashi!' I mentally cursed but forced a smile when I noticed Akashi's mom looking at us. "Seijuro, you are just like your father." she suddenly said. "Please be more gentle to Mizumi." she added and Akashi almost choked! Ha!

"I am gentle." he replied looking his mom in the eye. "Are you telling me I'm wrong? Me? The mother of the absolute emperor?" Okay now she sounds like Akashi.. But a little weirder, no offense.

They both had a staring contest in which I just watched while eating.. Damn I wish I was eating popcorn.. "Hahahaha! You really are just like your father!" I stopped eating when his mom burst in a fit of laughter.. Uhm, where did the high-class and elegant mother go?

"Of course I am Mother." W-w-w-wait! A-a-a-Akashi s-s-s-smiled!!! He looks so happy and comfortable and happy and smiling and who is he?! I pinched the arm next to me and I heard him wince.. "This is actually happening.." I mumbled being more intimidated of Akashi's smile rather than his glare..

"What do you mean Mizumi?" Akashi's mom asked. "Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that you were the High-class and elegant type no matter what occasion and to be honest, I didn't think Akashi could smile and have a carefree expression." I didn't realize I was smiling when I said that.

"We are humans too Mizumi." Akashi's mother said while Akashi stayed silent. "It's a relief that you aren't like other people who cares about elegance and class even if they were only among family members." I said and suddenly remembered the present Mother prepared for Akashi.

"By the way Seijuro, here." I called him by his first name as to not cause any confusion. He eyed the box wrapped in red that my mother prepared for him. "Mother says 'Happy Birthday' " His face darkened for a moment but he hid it away. "Tell her I said Thank you." he was obviously disappointed but he was still trying to hide it.

"Hey.." I called him and signaled him to come closer.. *tsup* I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry I couldn't prepare a present for you. I'll get you a present next time." I whispered to him and saw a little blush on his face.

"Oh my! He's blushing!" Akashi's mom exclaimed and clapped her hands. "I am not!" he looked away but I saw him look my way for a sec. "This is wonderful. I haven't seen him blush before!"

I giggled and just watched as Akashi's mom continued to be happy over seeing a new expression on her son's face. After dinner, Akashi's mom stole me from Akashi and even showed me his baby pictures! He was so cute!!

"It was nice spending time with you." I said and waved my hand. Akashi closed the window of the limousine and we headed home. "It's  looks like you felt at home." Akashi mumbled.. "Ahehe.. Of course, your mom was really nice and fun to be with." he looked at me and smiled..