Chapter 35

"Because I love her"

"Pfft" Akashi's eyes widened in surprise when he saw Satomi laughing. "I can't believe you actually said that how cheesy hahahahaha"

"W-What are you saying? You asked me for a reason and I g-gave you one." Akashi retorted hiding the blush on his cheeks. "Yep, and that was exactly what I wanted to hear. I wanted to find out if you were capable of telling how you really feel and that just proved it." he gave him a smile and Akashi felt himself relax.

"So will you help me?"

"Come by every now and then and try being more honest about yourself. You can use the guys as practice material." He said playfully. "What do you mean?"

"I'm saying, that you have to be more honest with yourself and people will grow to trust you naturally. Mizumi isn't the only one that lost trust in you. Infact, we all did. But seeing you and hearing how you really feel towards Mizu, I think I can give you a bit of my trust again."

He smiled and Akashi felt relieved at the statement.

"But I must say this, Yusuke feels the same way you do. He's had a crush on Mizumi for a long time and I've recently found out they had a thing back then, though it was fake but well..." he sighs and Akashi's brows furrow.

"Yusuke...?" he asks and Satomi nods. "Yeah, I mean if you manage to actually win him over he'd give you a lot of advices maybe." Satomi moves his eyebrows up and down

"So try your hardest to win their trust!" he exclaims before going inside the gym.

It was a few minutes later that Akashi decide to go back inside. The atmosphere around the court was still the same. A few of the Gods were back to practicing while Mizumi sat beside Luca and Satomi discussing about strategies. They not only ignored Akashi but the others as well.

The relationship of the Gods and Miracles were strained and Akashi knew he had to do something to fix it. "Akashi-kun..." Momoi called out. "How did your talk go?" She asked, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

"Satomi said he would help but I need to gain their trust back first." He looks around and the other guys were watching the practice from the side. "We all need to fix this somehow." He adds. Momoi nods her head. "I agree! It's no fun seeing how awkward and uncomfortable everything is."

"But what do we do?" She asks after thinking about it. "They won't even look at us." Akashi looks around and remembers what Luca said. When they practice seriously, the Gods tend to go overboard to the point that exhaustion takes over them and Luca has to take care of them. Then maybe they could help out little by little, in that way the Gods will see their genuine efforts.

"Gather the Miracles, I have a plan." Momoi's eyes sparkle with joy as she enthusiastically complies and immediately goes to the guys. Shei notices this and eyes them suspiciously. "Looks like they're planning something..." He mumbles as he brushes past Yusuke.

"It doesn't really matter. Satomi already talked to him. Out of all of us, he's the hardest to ever deal with when it comes to Mizumi." Kamui states and passes the ball. "Well, apart from you Shei. But he's more reasonable in a way while you're a petty guy who'll probably ask him to crawl and beg before you forgive him." He adds to which the other guys laugh.

"Is it bad that I want him to crawl and beg?" Shei asks rhetorically, shooting for a three. "Actually, that might be a good idea." Makishima says and blocks the shot. "Imagine someone like him actually doing it. It'd be a sight to see."

"I can't even imagine him doing it." Kagari complains, trying his best to stop Makishima's advance. "Nah, he'll probably do it." Yusuke mumbles which slightly catches them all off guard. He grabs that chance to send Makishima a signal to pass the ball and shoot. "Nice Yusuke" the two high five each other.