Chapter 25

3rd Person's POV

At the last two minutes of the third quarter, Mizumi noticed the sudden change in Kamui's movements..

Whenever Teiko manages to steal the ball from Touo, Kamui was always able to get it back. He seems more aware about the movements of his teammates.

'I wonder what caused him to suddenly change like this...' Mizumi thought to herself..

Although this looks like a trivial thing, it has a great effect on their play. And as the clock counts down to the last minute, Kamui entered the zone..

His movement was a lot harder to see this time and his speed increased..

"What nice timing to enter the zone.." Mizumi said sarcastically..

She trusts that Kamui can't get 25 points in one minute so she held her head up and looked down on him. .

"Mazumi-san, you really haven't changed have you?" Momoi said not looking at her "And you're really sharp to notice when Mizumi becomes Mazumi" she said back at her..

"Of course. As the manager, little changes in the player's actions should not go unnoticed.. If I don't notice those then I'm no good." Momoi stated as-a-matter-of-fact tone

"Quite similar to Luca-chan. The only thing you're lacking is the experience on the court." Mazumi chuckled at the thought of Momoi playing basketball... Somehow imagining that the ball wasn't the only one bouncing up and down...

She quickly brushed off the thought when she noticed Sakurai getting his game back. Furthermore, the one getting the ball and passing them was Kamui. He was also the one who keeps the Miracle guarding Sakurai away from him when he's about to shoot.

'If this goes on they'll lessen the gap' Mazumi thought and just then, three points was added to the opponent's score.. The score was 76-55.. 21 points was Teiko's lead but it still continued to lessen..

Shots rained down from both sides as the clock neared zero.. But it was clear as day that Touo was closing in on Teiko. And as the buzzer went off, the last shot was counted and the score was..

A very unbelievable draw showed up on the score board..

"Hey, do you guys know what happened which caused him to look at the movements of his teammates?" Mazumi asked as the guys sat down drenched with sweat..

"Hmm. Must've hit a nail on the head.." she heard Aomine mumble "What was that? What did you say to him Aomine?" all eyes went to him..

"Huh?.... Ah, I just told him that instead of adapting by himself why not along with his teammates. He seriously thought he could handle us on his own?" Aomine snickered but he just earned a smack on the head.

"Ow! What the hell Mazu?!" he complained "Tsk, couldn't you pick a better time to say that??? It was good advice but... Wrong timing!" Mazumi pulled on her hair and sighed..

"Well, what's done is done.. Aomine didn't intend for this to happen right?" Mazumi stated and analyzed the situation..

"I think that what Daiki said is also applicable to us." Akashi stated breaking the silence.

"That goes for all the teams Bakashi." Mazumi rolled her eyes at him. The others thought that a war was about to start but surprisingly, Akashi didn't react the way they expected. He just glared at her then let it go..

Let it gooo~
Let it gooo~

Mazumi stared at the scoreboard for a while.. She just.. stared. That's all..