liquid luck

The sound of my alarm going off woke both Stass and I both up. I groaned and reached over to the alarm clock on my nightstand, shutting the loud sound off with my eyes still closed. I tried to sleep in just a little longer until Stass's alarm started going off, fully waking me up. Once she turned her alarm off, I sat up in my bed, stretching my arms and cracking my back, trying to forget about what happened with Theo last night. I just thought that after a full night's sleep, I was going to wake up with a different mindset but I'm just as insecure. Just forget about it, Stell. You're thinking way too hard about it.

Stass and I walked out of our dorm room and to the girls' bathroom together to get ready for the morning. We quickly brushed our teeth and washed our faces before heading back to our room to changed into our school uniforms. I changed out of my silk pajamas and into my white button up, tucking it into my black pleated skirt and putting on our black blazers that has our house crest on it. I slipped on my black thighs high Wolford knee high socks and my black Prada Monolith lace ups. For my hair, I just brushed it out and had it down. As for my makeup, I just did a little bit out concealer, black eyeliner, mascara, and clear lip gloss. I slid my Cartier watch on my wrist and my Slytherin House ring on my finger.

Before walking out the door, I grabbed my school robe from the top of my trunk and my black book bag. Stass and I took the short cut out of the common room upstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast. Sitting at the Slytherin dining table were the boys all dressed in their uniforms for the first day of classes. Usually, I would sit next to Theo but today, I decided to sit across from him, in between Draco and Stass.

"Hey, don't forget we have to walk the first years to class", Draco reminded me.

"Yeah", I sighed, grabbing a piece of toast from the platter on the table.

I glanced up from my plate to look at Theo who kept on avoiding eye contact with me. He's probably just upset that I chose not to sit next to him for breakfast today, nothing bad is going on. But, it's so hard for to just let go of the fact that he got all weird when Blaise mentioned Ginny's name. They barely know each other. Ginny is a year younger than us and is in another house. The only thing Theo and Ginny have in common is quidditch. They're both chasers for the house team and that's all. I'm definitely looking too hard into this.

"Stell, you've been quiet since you got back from the dinner last night", Stass said in a lowered voice. "You okay?"

"Um... Yeah... I'll tell you about it later after my Potions class"

"Okay", she sighed. "I just hate seeing you down"

"We gotta go", Draco said tapping my shoulder.

I got up from my seat and as I was about to leave with Draco, Theo asked, "Where are you two going?"

"We got prefect duties", Draco answered him.

"See you in class", he said to me.

"Yeah, see you later", I said to Theo with a soft smile.

Draco and I walked out of the Great Hall together and stood at the bottom of the steps of the Grand Staircase, waiting for all of the first years to meet us before we walk them to their Herbology Class. Little wide eyed eleven year old Slytherins started to round up in front of Draco and I. He started to crack a smile, probably thinking about how he scared them to death on the train ride to Hogwarts the other day. I did a head count of all the kids that were grouped in front of us, making sure that there are thirty-six first years in front of us before we walked them to class.

I walked behind the large group first years, monitoring them and making sure no one gets lost because Draco wanted to the lead the group, saying he's "too good to be the caboose". Once we reached Greenhouse One, Draco and I handed the kids over to Professor Sprout who happily let them into her classroom. On our way back to the castle, we crossed paths with Padma Patil who was dropping off her Ravenclaws at the greenhouse. She gave a cold glare when we walked by her and Anthony Goldstein. What's her deal? Is it because Stass and I turned her butterfly clips to life last year? In our defense, it looked beautiful when the butterflies flew out of her hair.