old habits die hard

The Malfoys are throwing a little graduation after party for my class at the manor and I can already tell that my father spending most of the party bragging to everyone how I am going to start Ilvermorny earlier than everyone else. Little does he know, the thought of deferring for a semester so I can spend more time with my friends is parading around in the back of my mind. I can hear his long lecture on how deferring is going to make our family look bad and how disappointed he is in me.

    "Oh, Narcissa planted roses in the front", my mother pointed out as we walked to the entrance of the Malfoy Manor.

    "Did I mention I'm proud of you?", my father asked throwing his arm over my shoulder.

    "Yes, daddy. You did"

    "You're going to be graduating from Ilvermorny early with the track you're on. I can probably use my Ministry connections to get you an internship. Having an internship at the Ministry of Magic is going to-"

    "Charles", my mother said cutting him off. "The poor girl just graduated. Let her breath and enjoy the two weeks of summer before she leaves"

    Thanks mum. I was already checking out of the conversation.

    "I'm sorry, baby", he said kissing the top of my head. "I'm going to lay off the uni conversation for tonight"

    Right when we entered the manor, my father walked straight to the Crabbes and began talking about me.

    So much for "laying off the uni conversation".

    My mother then ditched me for Narcissa and Mrs. Nott, leaving me standing alone in the foyer.

    I then felt two hands grab my shoulders from behind me. "Hey", a male voice said softly. I turned around and saw Draco in his all black suit. "What are you doing out here alone?"

    "My parents ditched me", I sighed.

    "Well, good thing I came just in time", he said throwing his arm around my shoulder and leading me out of the foyer and up the stairs. "We're all getting drunk upstairs in my room"

    Draco moved his hands from my shoulders to my hand. He gripped my hand with his left and the railing with his right. This is starting to bring back memories of me sneaking into Malfoy Manor to hook up with Draco in the middle of the night last year.

    When we got to his room, Alex, Blaise, Stass, and Adrian were sitting around in a circle on the floor passing around a blunt with handles of alcohol in the center.

    "Look who finally showed up", Blaise said passing the blunt over to me as I sat down in between him and Draco.

    "I'm going to stick to drinks. I'm not trying to smell like weed when I see my parents", I said pushing his hand away.

    "Alright", he groaned, taking another hit before passing the blunt over to Draco.

    I looked around Draco's bedroom and realized that Theo wasn't here with us. Theo isn't the one to miss out on getting drunk in Draco's room while our parents are downstairs. We used to hide in our bedrooms and get intoxicated while our parents throw silly little parties all of the time. I know he's here because I saw my mother talking to his.

    I got up from the ground and headed towards the door to go look for Theo.

    "Where are you going?", Draco asked running after me.

    "I'm going to go look for Theo"

    "Oh...", he said dropping the corner of his mouth. "Do you want me to come with?"