snowfall

"Stella, honey", my mother said coming into my room and laying on the bed not to me. "You spent most of your Christmas holiday in bed. I think it's time you leave your bedroom"

"I don't want to", I whined, pulling my duvet up to my chin.

"I don't know what happened between you and Louis, but you can't just sit here and do nothing all day"

It's not about Louis.

"Can you please come downstairs with me?", she begged.

"Please, mummy. Don't make me attend the ball tonight. I don't want to see anyone"

"Come downstairs, please"

"I'm sure your flowers look amazing"

"Stella Cordelia Blackwood", she said sternly. "Come downstairs with me"

"Fine", I groaned, throwing the duvet off of my body.

"There's a guest waiting for you downstairs"

Great.

My mother got up from my bed and then grabbed both of my hands, dragging me out of bed. She held onto my hand as she lead me out of my bedroom and downstairs to our living room.

When we got to the living room, Theo was sitting on one of our couches with a cup of tea in his hand. He was wearing a black hoodie with a pair of dark brown trousers and his dark brown hair fell in front of his face. His silver Cartier watch sparkled as the light from the fireplace hit his wrist.

My mother patted my back and walked off to the kitchen as I walked over to Theo and sat down on the couch next to him. I sat with my back leaning against the armrest with my legs crossed in front of me. Theo passed me the cup of warm tea that was sitting on the coffee table right next to his.

"What are you doing here?", I asked. "The ball isn't for a couple hours"

"Yeah, I know, but I wanted to see you before it. You haven't been replying to my owls"

"I haven't been responding to anyone's", I said taking a sip of my tea.

"Too busy to respond?", he chuckled.

"Not really... I've just been reading and getting ahead of my classes before the second half of term"

"You missed out on Blaise's party last weekend"

"I know", I sighed. "I didn't feel like partying"

"So you just spent most of holiday doing nothing?"

"Pretty much"

"Are you at least attending the ball?"

"I don't plan on it. I have Jane Austen waiting for me"

"Come on, Stell. You've never missed the Snowflake Ball"

"Yeah, I have. I didn't start attending until 1980"

"Doesn't count", he said rolling his eyes. "You love the Snowflake Ball. Christmas is your favorite time of the year because of all of the snow, sitting by the fireplace, and decorating the Christmas tree"

"Things change"

"Is it because Draco is coming with Pansy"

"No, but now that I know he is, I'm for sure not going. I can't believe she somehow weaseled her way into the party again"

"Don't let Draco and Pansy be the reason why you don't go"

"I don't want to go dateless and watch them slow dance together in my home"