the snowflake ball

All day, my mother has been running around making sure everything for the Snowflake Ball is set and ready. Caterers and florists have been trailing right behind her, listening to my mother bark commands at them. She wants everything perfect for tonight because people from the Ministry, professors at Hogwarts, and other wealthy Pureblood families are coming. My grandparents are even coming down from Italy to attend the ball.

    Stass came over via portkey this morning and we've been looking for the perfect outfit for her to wear since then. She practically brought her whole entire closet to my house and all of her clothes and shoes are sprawled out across my closet floor. The only spot that isn't cover in clothes was the spot I'm sitting in.

    "What about this one?", Stass asked, wearing a strapless white dress with gold detailing.

    "Meh. I feel like you could do better"

    "You're right. The gold is tacky"

    "I liked that silver Saint Laurent silk maxi slip"

    "I can't settle for a dress yet. I still have ten more to try on", she said unzipping her dress and then throwing it in the corner.

    "Stass, you looked amazing in the silk dress. I say, stop trying on dresses, wear the Saint Laurent, and let me tailor it for you so it hugs your curves nicely. Why are you stressing over dresses anyway?"

    "Adrian Pucey is coming tonight and I wanna look hot"

    "Pucey was so last year"

    "I know", she groaned. "I just I want to show him what he's missing out on. Ever since he moved away from uni, he's barely written me back"

    "Stass, he broke up with you because he was moving away to go to school in a whole other continent"

    "Obviously I know that, I just miss him"

    "Is that why you're going with Alex to the ball? To make him jealous?"

    "Maybe...", she said twirling her hair and looking down at the ground.

    "Stass, baby, don't use Alex like that. You know how he felt about you. He spent all summer moping around while you were gone"

    "I'm not using Alex and he knows that I'm trying to win Adrian back"

    "Alright", I sighed. "Just don't take things too far. I think he still has feelings for you"

    "Don't worry mama bear, I'll make sure I won't break Alex's little heart"

    I rolled my eyes at her and said, "Put the Saint Laurent back on so I can tailor it to you"

    "I don't know what I would do without you", she said giving me a hug. "You're my soulmate, bitch"

    "Bitch, and you're mine"

    "Love you, Stell", she said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

    "Love you too, Stass"

    When Stass and I started to get ready for the ball, I put on my black silk robe and started on my makeup. I did my normal face makeup and did my usual black winged liner with white shimmery eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eye. For my hair, I curled it and tied it back in a low pony tail with a few pieces of my hair framing my face. With my hair up, I can show off my new diamond earrings and necklace my parents just got me from Tiffany's for Christmas.

    After I finished my hair and makeup, I walked into my closet to put on my dress. As a gift for Christmas, my aunt Ophelia sent me an Elie Saab dress from Paris to wear to the party tonight. The dress is a long sleeve powder blue gown with a matching belt and floral appliqués along the top. I paired the dress with a pair of silver Jimmy Choos and accessorized with my diamond drop earrings, the matching necklace my, and a silver headband.