and just like that, we're gone

Today's the day. The day we've been waiting for since we were eleven years old. The moment we counted down to the second the Sorting Hat sat on top of our head. It's the day we graduate from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

    My dorm room was all packed and the school house elves brought our suitcases downstairs. The room felt empty and cold, like there was nothing left in it, even though the beds, dressers, and nightstands were still there. I spent the last seven years in here with Stass. It was like I blinked my eyes are we're done.

    Seven years ago, I entered Hogwarts with my boyfriend, Theodore Nott, and my best friend, Draco Malfoy with nothing on my mind other than the excitement of learning how to perform magic and brew potions. The most nerve wrecking thing at the time was sitting on the stool in front of the whole school in the Great Hall and praying that I am sorted into Slytherin. Now, I am leaving school with three new friends, no boyfriend, and will be continuing my education at my dream university, Ilvermorny.

    Everything may not be going according to plan, but that's what makes it exciting. I have no idea what's going to happen next. Before, I was so worried about keeping my life on track, like getting married to Theo and having a family with him before I am 25. Now, I am perfectly fine with not having the "perfect" life.

    "I can't believe we won't be living together anymore", Stass cried, throwing her arms around me.

    "The good thing is we won't have to sleep in these uncomfortable beds anymore", I said hugging her back.

    "I know, but I won't be waking up across from you anymore"

    "Stass, we're going to see each other almost everyday ne-"

    "You're going to be gone in two weeks", she sniffled. "Once we get to Ilvermorny, we're not going to be living together anymore"

    Seeing Stass be so upset over not being by side everyday is breaking my heart. She's my best friend and I don't know how I would have been able to make it these past seven years without her. I love the boys, but they drive me insane and Stass is the perfect person to keep me from shaving their hair off. Uni is going to be different now that Stass and I won't be living together and seeing each other every second of the day.

    My eyes began to water and a lump formed in my throat.

    "I love you, Stass", I said trying to hold back my tears.

    "I love you too, Stell. I'm so glad to have you as my best friend"

    "Same here"

    "Is my mascara running?", asked Stass, pulling away from me and running over to her mirror.

    God, I'm going to miss her.

    Laying flat on my bed was my black graduation gown with my cap that had a green and silver tassel. I unzipped my gown and slid my arms into the sleeves. Once my gown was on, I pinned my green and silver Prefect Badge on my left chest. I kept my gown unzipped so that my sage green Christian Dior dress is showing.