going according to plan

"How was detention with Draco?", Theo asked while strutting into my dorm room. He sat down on my bed next to me and crossed his legs.

    "It was alright", I wearily answered.

    "Well... that's what you get for going through with your stupid and childish plan"

    "You snitched on me to Snape?"

    "Yup", he smiled.

    I grabbed my notebook from my nightstand and hit Theo on the top of his head, hard. He yelped and rubbed the top of his head, glaring at me with his bright blue eyes.

    "That's what you get for being a snitch", I scowled.

    "I knew that Snape was going to put you two in detention. It was the only way I could get you two in a room together and talk everything out"

    "He could've told Ilvermorny about my detention and got my early acceptance revoked"

    "Speaking of early acceptance... I got in early too"

    "You did? I didn't know that you applied early"

    "We talked about attending Ilvermorny during the summer together, remember?"

    "Yeah, but that was like three years ago. I didn't think that it was still your plan"

    "I already told my father about our plan so he told me to continue with it after we broke up. You don't mind, do you?"

    "No, not at all. It would be nice to have someone I know there since everyone else we know will be starting in the fall"

    "Everything is going according to plan", he smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulder. "Except we're not dating or plan on getting married two years into uni"

    Sitting here with Theo's arm around my shoulder, it made me think about Draco said earlier. He thinks that I'm still in love with Theo, but I'm not. To me, Theo is nothing more than a just a friend who I used to date. He's been there for me through all of the craziness that is my relationship with Draco. He even grounds me when I'm too far up in the clouds dreaming about what Draco and I could've been. If it weren't for Theo, I'd probably be crawling on my knees begging for Draco to love me back.

    But maybe I do still love Theo, or at least feel something more than friendly towards him. I did sleep in the same bed next to him after a party a two months ago and I am sitting here with his arm around my shoulder. Theo convinced me to attend the Snowflake Ball instead of hiding away in my bedroom the whole night. He's been a really good friend lately, it's hard not to get all soft around him.

    I rested my head on Theo's shoulder and he pulled me in closer.

    "What if everything is going according to plan?", I asked. "Our wedding and raising our kids at Blackwood Estates"

    "If it is, I'm not scared of it happening anymore"

    Okay, now I regret even bring it up.

    Hearing that Theo isn't scared of the future that we once thought that we were going to have might be happening is making me feel anxious. Almost two years ago, Theo cheated on me because he didn't want the big "we're going to be together forever" plan to happen. He felt like he was trapped in our relationship and that he needed to get out and "explore" more. Now that we haven't been together for a little over a year, he wants to get back together? Is that what he means?

    If Theo were to want us to get back together, I don't know if I would want to. Everything with Draco is still fresh and I made the mistake of getting with Draco so soon after my relationship with Theo ended. I love Theo, he was my first love but I don't know if I love him enough to completely let go of the thought of Draco and I ending up together.