preparations

"Listen up", Snape sneered. "The cotillion is this weekend and every year, I have to remind you imbeciles what is appropriate and what isn't"

    "What's Snape's ass this morning", I whispered to Draco.

    "Isn't there always something", he chuckled in a low voice.

    "Something you need to say Malfoy and Blackwood?", Snape asked us, making all the Slytherin sixth years turn to look at the Draco and I.

    "No, sir", Draco replied, looking down at the ground, trying to refrain from laughing.

    "Very well then", Snape glared. "Absolutely no drinking, smoking, or any kind of drug related activities. This is a classy event held at the Malfoy Manor, not a speakeasy"

    "Damn, I wish it was", Blaise muttered to himself. "Drunk girls dancing on tables and poles"

    "Don't be an ass, B", Alex said elbowing Blaise's arm.

    "Ouch", Blaise yelped. "Take a fucking joke, Black"

    Alex scoffed and rolled his eyes at Blaise.

    "... You will arrive at the Malfoy Manor not later than seven", Snape continued, "and you will come prepared and dressed"

    "What are your plans for summer holiday?", Draco asked me.

    "Probably Paris with Stass, why?"

    "Just wanted to know if you would want to go to Italy with me"

    "Yeah, I would love to", I said kissing him on the cheek.

    "Since your grandparents are throwing their annual brunch in Tuscany, we could spend-"

    "Blackwood, Malfoy", Snape called cutting Draco off and gaining both of our attention. "I want you two to lead your classmates upstairs for rehearsals"

    "Yes, sir", I nodded.

    Draco and I gathered all thirty-six of out classmates and lead them upstairs through the shortcut from the Slytherin common room to the Entrance Hall. We guided everyone into the Great Hall where all of the sixth years from the three other Hogwarts houses were gathered. In the Great Hall, there was a large recorded player at the front of the room and the room was split up, girls on the left side and boys on the right.

    I separated from Draco and walked over to the left side of the room, standing in between Stass and Luna Lovegood. Standing right across from was Draco, who was rubbing the top of Neville Longbottom's head with his knuckles, messing his hair up. Neville swatted Draco's hand away from his head and took a few steps away from Draco. He grabbed onto his right arm with his left and and looked down at the floor.

    "Everyone ready?", asked Professor McGonagall. She then played the music and we all bowed at each other.

    As the music played, all of the sixth year wizards and witches waltzed across the Great Hall floor. Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs struggled with the steps and trying to keep up with the pace of the music while Slytherin and Ravenclaw were on beat. Slytherins snickered at the Gryffindors as they danced passed them.

    Most, if not all Slytherins has had some form of training in ballroom dance, typically the waltz since most of us have to attend balls like my family's annual Snowflake Ball. It's one of those pretentious "right of passages" that everyone who comes from Pureblood families have to do. Learning how to waltz and horseback riding around our grounds at twelve just happened to be some of those "right of passages". That and knowing which fork to use at fancy dinners with Ministry officials.