a slug club christmas

Tonight is the Slug Club Christmas party that Slughorn is throwing in his office. All the members and alumni are attending, meaning my father will be making a trip down to Hogwarts. I love him but he tends to make everything about himself and if it's not about himself, he's showboating me like a pony for sale.

    Since the whole incident up in the Astronomy Tower, I've been avoiding Draco, again. I get scared that if I sit too close to him in Potions or accidentally touch him while practicing spells in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Draco might try to kiss me again. Everything with Theo is still fresh to me and crossing the line with his best friend for the fourth time isn't going to be the best for our friendship. The worst part about this whole situation is that I wanted to kiss Draco, I wanted to go further with him. It's hard not to look at him and want to jump his bones. The feeling of electricity when his pillowy soft lips touch mine and his hands all over my body, it's hard to forget, but I have to. I'm finally in a good place with Theo and I can't keep lusting after Draco. It's already bad enough watching him came back from quidditch practice with his shirt off and sweat dripping in between his abs.

    "Hey", Theo said sitting down next to me at the study table, interrupting my longing for Draco's body pressed against mine. "Are you going to the party tonight?"

    "I kind of have to"

    "Me too"

    "You got into Slug Club?"

    "Yeah. I got in awhile ago but I couldn't tell you because..."

    "Because we were fighting". I said finishing his sentence.

    "Precisely... Well, are you bringing a date?"

    "No. I was going to bring Stass but Alex already asked her to be his date. Are you bringing someone?"

    "Pansy"

    WHAT THE FUCK! "Pansy Parkinson? Why are you bring her out of all people?"

    "She asked and Blaise is brining Daphne Greengrass, so..."

    Damn, I should've gotten a date to the Christmas party. Now I look like a loser for not having one while my ex boyfriend is going to be having champagne toasts with pug-faced Pansy Parkinson.

    "I hope I'm not keeping you from seeing other people", said Theo. "I'm moving and you should to"

    "You're not keeping me from seeing other people, I've just decided not to"

    "Is this because of Draco? Because if it is, I-"

    "This has nothing to do with Draco", I said cutting him off. "I'm just not ready to get emotionally attached to someone yet"

    "Okay well, if you were to see someone, I wouldn't be mad"

    "Good to know", I said forcing a smile.

    "See you later", he said patting my back before walking away.

    A pat on the back? What the fuck. I can't stand Theo being all happy and saying "I'm moving and you should to", like he has some kind of hold over me. The only reason why I'm not fucking Draco right now is because Theo is my friend and I don't want to hurt him again. I'm being way too damn considerate after everything he's put me through.

    On my way back to my dorm room, I saw Draco who was wearing nothing but his grey sweatpants walk upstairs from the boys' dormitories. His hair was wet from his shower and little droplets of water dripped from the ends of his hair down to his chest. Fuck! This a cruel joke from the universe.