curiosity

"Can I ask you something?", Alex asked, looking up from his History of Magic homework. The both of us are sitting in the Slytherin common room at one of the study tables.

"Sure", I said placing my quill down, giving Alex my full attention.

"As you know, I've been catching feelings for Stass for the past year"

"Yes, I do"

"Well... Do you think it's worth it? You know her more than I do"

"Stass isn't focused on settling down with one person right now. You know how she is about boys"

"Yeah... That's why I wanted to ask you before I pursue someone else"

"Someone else? Who?", I smirked.

"I'm not sure about this person yet. I can't tell if they'll like me back"

"Alexander Black, you're one fine ass mother fucker. If this person doesn't like you back, they're an idiot"

"Thanks but, I don't know...", he said running his hand through the curls in his hair. "I don't think he goes this way"

"Alex, you have to tell me who it is"

"Oh, I don't know", he said shaking his head. "The boys are going to kill me... especially Draco"

"It's Potter, isn't it?". Alex looked over both his shoulders and silently nodded his head. I started to bounce in my seat, trying to hold in my happiness. After Alex came out to the group two years ago, I noticed that he spends a lot of time staring at Harry during class. "Aha! I fucking knew it"

"Please keep your joy at a minimum, I doubt Harry likes guys"

"Are kidding? Did you not see Harry ogling Cedric Diggory fourth year? He definitely likes boys"

"Didn't we all ogle at Cedric Diggory?"

"Fair enough"

"Promise me you won't tell the boys, I know Draco will give me shit for the rest of eternity if he finds out, you know how he gets when it comes to Harry"

"Yeah", I sighed. "I do. I promise I won't say anything, not even to Theo"

"Pinky swear?". Alex held his pinky finger up and I hooked mine around his.

"I swear on my diamond Harry Winston choker". The both of us kissed out thumbs, pinkies still hooked, and tapped the tip of our thumbs together. "Maybe I can help you with Harry. I have Potions and like ten other classes with him"

"No, it's alright. I want to talk to him on my own. Plus, I need to gather more evidence that the bloke is gay before I make moves"

"Hmm, maybe you should sneak into the Gryffindor locker room during a quidditch match", I teased. "I could sneak you into the Prefect's Bathroom"

"Stell... I am not going to seduce Harry Potter in the locker room or bathroom"

"Ugh", I groaned. "You're no fun"

"I could try to get Harry on his own at the Start of Term party Gryffindor is throwing tomorrow night"

"That's perfect! And if all fails, I'm sure there's a Hufflepuff witch that would fall at your feet. You're a hot commodity amongst them"

"I do love a Hufflepuff witch", he laughed.

Alex and I spent the next hour doing our Charms homework until it was time to head upstairs for class. Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts are the only classes my whole friend group is in. Luckily, I'm really good at Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts because Stass and I fuck around in class too much to actually know what's going on. Stass is always gossiping and making fun of all the girls in class to pay attention to our professors. I on the other hand am able to multitask and have the mental capacity to take notes in class, then giving her all of my notes.