cotillion

cotillion playlist⚜️:

Patrick Watson - Je te lasserai des mots

Vitamin String Quartet - Let Me Sign

Vitamin String Quartet - Video Games

All day my mother has been running around trying to keep me "calm" before my big debut, but if anything, she's making things worse by telling me which hairstyles would look best and that I should stray away from solid foods just incase I get the urge to throw up. I think my mother is more worried about my debut to Wizarding society than I am.

To me, cotillion is nothing more than just another ball, except this time, people are going to staring at me for thirty seconds as I descend the stairs of Malfoy Manor. The only thing I am nervous for is when I have to listen to my father give me his personal opinions on the introduction I wrote for myself. If it doesn't satisfy him, he's going to remind me for the rest of my life that the Ministry officials had to hear my "unacceptable" introduction. The amount of owls I got at school leading up to today's events from my parents show that they're more worried about me making a fool of the Blackwood name than my potential upset stomach.

"Stella, dear", my mother said walking into my bedroom. "You should start getting ready for the ball"

"I have less than three hours before I have to be at Malfoy Manor", I said shutting my book and setting it beside me on my bed.

"I know, but your father has a surprise for you before we leave"

"Okay, I'll getting ready now then"

"Would you like me to help you?"

"No, thank you. I'm perfectly capable of doing my own hair and makeup"

"Maybe if you would just let me-"

"Mother", I said cutting her off. "I love you, but I don't want to wear a ridiculous up-do and wear bright pink blush"

"Alright, then", she groaned. "Let me know if you need help with your dress"

"I will"

Once my mother left my room, I got out of bed and walked over to my vanity to get started on my hair and makeup. I split my hair down the middle and casted a charm to give myself soft curls, adding two silver hair clips with diamond stars on them, pinning the left side of my hair back. For my makeup, I kept it natural and glowy, adding my signature black winged liner to accentuate my eyes.

After adding finishing touches to my makeup, I got up from my vanity and walked into my closet. My cotillion dress was hanging on a hanger in front of my mirror. The lighting from my chandelier bounced onto the silver embellishments on my white dress. I should probably ask my mother to help me with my dress. I don't want to get my makeup with it.

Before I could walk out of my closet to call her, my mother walked into my bedroom and stood in front of the door to my closet. She was dressed and ready, wearing her biggest diamonds and her most elegant gown.

"I couldn't help but come in and see how you look", she said with a soft smile.

"Good thing you're here. I was just about to ask you if you could help me put on my dress"

My mother giggled and ran into my closet, taking the dress off of the hanger. I slipped off my ilk robe and stepped into the dress. My mother helped zip my dress up and lace up my silver Jimmy Choo heels.

When I looked into the mirror, I observed the way my white cotillion dress fit me perfectly. The Sleeves flowed perfectly behind me and the neckline showed off of my spacious chest. My mother always said that perks to having smaller boobs is that I can fit a lot more diamond necklaces than other girls.