picking fights pt. 2

When I entered the Slytherin common room, I walked straight to the study lounge so I can do my homework because the Library was full. Once I entered the lounge, I saw Draco sitting at a table alone, doing his Potions homework. Should I talk to him right now? Maybe it would be a bad idea, he's doing homework and I don't won't to disrupt his peace. But if I do it now, he might not murder me with all the people in the common room right now.

I slowly approached Draco, who's back was facing me and quietly pulled out the chair next to him. Draco's eyes were fixated on his homework while I put my bag on the table and sat down next to him. He was still scribbling away at his sheet of parchment, not acknowledging my presence. Great, he's giving me the cold shoulder. Understandable, considering I just fucked up his life.

"Are you going to say something, Blackwood, or are you just going to sit there and breathe down my neck?", Draco asked coldly. He had his hand up, covering his face and blocking me from seeing it.

"I-I... um..."

"God", Draco groaned. "Just spit it out. Hearing you stutter is fucking up my mood"

"Dick", I muttered to myself.

"What was that?"

"I just wanted to know if you're okay"

"Do I look okay?", he asked moving his hands from his face, showing me his black eye and busted lip.

"You can go to Madam Pomfrey for that"

"And tell her I got my ass kicked in the middle of the night my roommate? No fucking thanks"

"Fine, since you're so stubborn, I'll fix it", I said pulling out my wand. I pointed my wand and Draco's face and casted a healing spell. "Episkey". The cut on his lip and his black eye started to disappear. "There, good as new"

"That's probably the best thing you've done for me this year", he scoffed. Don't punch him in the face. Don't punch him in the face. Don't punch him in the face. "Why'd you tell him? I thought you wanted to keep it a secret"

"I did but, the feeling of guilt was just... unbearable"

"You could've told me before you did it"

"Why? So you can get the first punch in?", I scoffed.

"No, I just would've liked a heads up before Theo's fist ran into my face"

"I told him it was my fault, and it is. I'm sorry that he took it out on you"

"I deserved it anyway", he sighed. "So... what did he say when you told him?"

"Nothing really. He kind of just stared and then blamed everything on you. We talked today and I-"

"Hold on", he said cutting me off. "I got a fucking black eye and all you got was barely a slap on the wrist? What'd you do? Suck him off so he could go easier on you?"

"No", I said punching Draco in the arm. He winced and clutched onto his arms, glaring over at me. "Don't say dumb shit like that ever again"

"Noted"

"From what it sounded like, Theo's not completely mad at you. He's just disappointed in what happened"

"And what about you?"

"He said he holds you higher than anyone else, even higher than me"

Draco started to pack his things up quickly and then left me sitting at the study table alone. I wanted to stop him from leaving but I know Draco, he's not one to sit and talk about his emotions. It's best if I just let him be instead of chasing him down and forcing him to tell me how he feels. Forcing Draco to talk about his feelings is like forcing my mother to wear flats, it's never going to happen.

I just hope Draco and Theo resolve their issues so everything can go back to normal. With the boys split up, forced to choose sides, it's normal for them to be angry with me for being the reason why their friendship is complicated right now. Even if Alex and Blaise won't say it to my face, I know they think I'm some two faced slut who made Draco break the "bro code". The boys have a tight bond that formed since the Sorting Ceremony five years ago and me, a girl, just loosened it.

The chair that Draco was just sitting was then filled by someone else. I looked up from my hands and saw that it was Alex. The chair on the other side of me was then occupied by Blaise. Great, this looks like an intervention.

"Hey, Stell", Alex said placing his hands on the table. "I'm sorry about being hard on you this morning. Everything going on with Draco and Theo isn't all your fault"

"Yeah, it was bound to happen anyways", Blaise said nonchalantly.

"What?"

"Um... I said to much", he said shaking his head.

"Okay..."

"Listen, things are complicated right now and you think we hate you", Alex said placing his hand on mine.

"And we don't", Blaise added.

"But you have to understand where we're coming from", he said finishing his sentence. "Taking sides isn't fun"

"We know you didn't intend for all of this to happen. We're just as angry at Theo for cheating on you with that filthy Blood-Traitor but..."

"But hooking up with Draco wasn't the greatest way to get back at him", Alex said finishing Blaise's sentence.

"Thanks for giving me run down on the biggest mistake I've made in my life", I said sarcastically. "I am sorry for doing this you guys. I know hooking up with Draco was crossing the line and I shouldn't have done it"

"Well... did you and Theo sort things out?", asked Alex.

"Yeah, we did"

"Good. I'm tired of feeling like a traitor whenever I choose to be around one of you two", Blaise said leaning back into his seat. "And listening to Theo go on and on about how he misses you but then hates you and going back to missing you-"

"We get it, Blaise", Alex said cutting him off. "Just try not to shag someone from the friend group again. Between the Saints and Sinners party to the food fight, my head is fucking spinning"

"Trust me, I'm never touching anyone in our group again"

"Never?", Blaise smirked.

"Don't be an ass", I said hitting his arm.

"Hey! I was only joking", he said throwing up his hands. "I'm not trying to get my shit rocked by Theo like Draco and that guy from the party did"

"Can we just act like this all didn't happen? I just want everything to go back to normal, before I fucked up everything"

"Yes, please. Watching you, Theo, and Draco interact with each other is nauseating. I can't tell who's mad at who", said Alex.

Both Blaise and Alex threw their arms around me and gave me a hug. "We love you, Stell. Even when you're hitting the whole squad". Alex reached over to Blaise and hit him on the head. "Blimey, Black!"

"Try to keep you're foot out of your mouth"

It was cute while it lasted.