summer's over

"Have you seen him?", I asked Stass, who was downing her glass of white wine.

    "No, and quit bugging. He's going to show up"

    "How do you know? I haven't seen or spoken to him since I left for Ilvermorny. Do you think he's still mad at me?"

    "He had two months to get over it. You made a choice, and you chose yourself"

    "I don't think he thinks that way", I groaned.

    Stass rolled her eyes and picked up two glasses of white wine, handing one of them to me.

    "Drink up, Blackwood", Stass said grabbing my wrist and lifting my hand up so the rim of the glass is touching my lip. "We have a party to get through and I don't want to listen to you worry about what a man thinks"

    "That man, is my father. He moved me into my dorm at Ilvermorny and got a letter from me right after telling him that I will be deferring the semester to spend time with a boy"

    "Not just any boy. Draco's your boyfriend"

    "I don't think my father cares"

    "I don't think I care. You decided to spend your summer with your boyfriend and your best friend. For all we know, he might not be that bad"

    "He sent me a howler that was full of cussing. I didn't even know my father knew all those words"

    "Just relax. Drink a some wine and eat some hors d'oeuvres. Your father is going to come. It's your grandfather's party, he wouldn't miss it"

    I chugged my glass of white wine and placed it down on the counter of the bar, grabbing another glass of wine. Damn, I wish my grandfather had liquor in this place.

    After I parted ways with Draco and left for Ilvermorny, my parents helped move me into my dorm. My first night there was horrible because I felt guilty just leaving Draco behind after everything. I wanted to spend the summer with the boy I love and my best friends, not in a different country going to class.

    When I sent an owl home telling my parents I will be coming home instead of staying in Massachusetts, my father immediately sent a howler, cussing me the fuck out and asking me not to come home because he's too disappointed to see my face. Luckily, Narcissa and Lucius were spending their summer away from Malfoy Manor so I moved into there with Draco.

    Do I regret deferring a semester? No. It was completely worth pissing my parents off so I could hang out my boyfriend and friends. We all even traveled to Ilvermorny to visit Theo when we could. If stayed at school, I would have been miserable.

    "Look who's here", Stass said nudging my arm with her elbow and then pointing over at the entrance to the backyard of my grandfather's Italian home.

    Both of my parents arrived together. My mother wore a white silk dress and my father wore a white shirt with black trousers.

    I grabbed another glass of wine and downed it to clam my nerves before approaching them.

    As I walked over to my parents, my mother presented me with a warm smile while my father shot me with a cold glare.

    "Stella, sweetheart", my mother beamed, wrapping her arms around me. "How was your summer? Narcissa told me that you and Draco have been hold up in Malfoy Manor"

    "Waste of time", my father muttered under his breath.

    "Charles", she groaned, "you have punished out daughter enough. Get off your high horse and give her a hug"