Chapter 28

Kayden is peppering kisses all over my collarbone, just above my cleavage. And I cannot, for the love of God breathe.

I can't... I don't... I've never felt this way. Ever. My entire body is aching for him and I feel like I'm buzzing. My lips are still tingling from the kiss, and his are swollen and reddened. I cant believe this is actually happening, I'm just waiting to wake up from a dream at any minute now.

''Kayden...'' I breathe, my mind not capable of focusing on anything other than his lips on my skin. Did he just say something about taking me out? What?

''A date, Bella. What do you say?'' He murmurs against my body, darting his tongue out for a taste and rumbling deeply under his breath.

''You know we can't.'' I exhale, head still thrown back.

''Why?'' he grumbles, kissing his way up my neck and nestling himself on my throat, now sucking.

''W-We're- fuck,'' I stammer when his teeth make contact with my delicate flesh. ''We're friends.''

As soon as those words leave my mouth, his wandering hands return to the back of my neck and angle my head so we're face to face. He drags me to my feet and before I can so much as blink, I'm on his lap, straddling him with my legs nearly wrapped around his torso.

The flushing tint of arousal is still evident on his now hardened, almost angry expression. His eyes are dark, nothing like his hazel ones I'm familiar with. His hand find their way to my hips and grip tightly, as if he's scared I'm about to flee.

Fucking hell, this guy. How is he such a sweetheart one second and then making me feel like he's about to push me down on my knees the next?

''Friends?'' he grits, thrusting his hips up so I feel his massive erection dig into the most sensitive part of my body that's aching for his touch now more than ever. ''Does this feel like friendship to you, Bella?''

I can only frantically gasp for air in response. My mind is so fucking foggy, its never even been like this when I've been stoned. This is a whole new universe of a high, one that consists of the sexiest man I've ever been around, currently underneath me, pressing his solidity even deeper onto me. He's trying to make a point, I know he is. I was waiting for it to happen, honestly. I just never thought I'd be this weak for him when it did. Powerless. At his mercy.

''Answer me,'' he demands, his voice hoars, almost unrecognizable from the sweet tones of him I'm used to. ''Tell me you're not wet for your fucking friend right now.''

Oh, God. He's trying to kill me.

''Kayden, please,'' I virtually cry out.

''You're not gonna tell me?'' he quips, sarcasm lacing his tenor. ''That's okay. I can always slip a hand under this sexy-ass skirt you decided to taunt me with today and find out for myself...''

His hands roam my body, grazing over my naked abdomen, even over my arms, eventually landing on my thighs and finding their way to my ass and squeezing. Hard.

''I-I can't tell you anything when you're doing that, Kayden. I can't talk like this.'' I ultimately, somehow get out. ''We need to stop. We're in public.'' I try to remind him.

He puts an halt to the squeezing and groping and I finally take a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding. Our eyes meet, both our chests rising and falling completely in sink.

''One date.'' He presses after what feels like an hour of eye contact.

''I can't,''

''You can't tell me you don't feel this.'' he gestures a hand between us. ''There's no way in fucking hell it's just me.''