Chapter 12

I almost forgot why I stopped going to the gym.

Almost.

''Jenn, can we go get lunch now?'' I'm not usually a whiner, but encompass any kind of carnal activity into the mix and I'm a whingeing child.

''We've been here for twenty minutes.'' She rolls her eyes at my griping.

I've been annoying her for- apparently-twenty minutes now.

''Coulda fooled me,'' feels like twenty fucking hours on a treadmill.

''You know we're just warming up, right?'' Soyan prompts from my right.

Right, fucking easy for her to say. Ms. Barbie Blonde has been on the concourse of health and fitness ever since her mother started signing her up for Miss Competitions as a kid. The lifestyle of a model definitely does not match up to mine.

I don't know what made us decide to test out Joshua's Girls Only division- well, I do actually. These two have been bolstering me to join them since the opening last week. Finally, I gave in. Only to regret it nearly as soon as I walked in. The women in here, with their toned legs and abs, heart-shaped asses and nonexistent waists are giving me a run for my money. Just like these two bitches I'm sandwiched in-between, probably so I don't flee outta here.

Sounds tempting.

''I am warm,''

Soyan speeds up her sets tempo while glancing down at mine. ''Babe, you're on four.'' Her eyes flicker with amusement, making me contemplate pushing her ass off the treadmill.

''So what?'' I counter. ''I said I didn't want to go in the first place."

''You're doing great, sweetie. You've already burned 55 calories. Just keep going.'' Jenn chimes in before my deliberations can turn into actions. ''Soy, why don't you tell us about your date.'' She suggests.

''You had a date?'' I didn't know about this. The group chat or facetime sessions usually run the whole night after one of them goes out on a date. We also always know where the first dates will take place, and make sure that one of us drives the other down there to check everything out, before letting them walk in. Especially if it's a stranger they met online.

Soyana's face softens. ''It was fantastic. I really like her.''

''Ohh shit, it was a girl?'' I grin. It's been a hot minute since she's been out with a woman.

''Yeah, I think I'm done dating men for a while.'' She nods in affirmation.

Huh, this is news. Just last week she was talking about how she couldn't get that one British guy from Jenn's party out of her head.

''So you're gonna see her again?'' Jenn queries.

''Yup. She already texted me this morning saying she wants to see me this weekend.'' Her smile broadens.

''That's amazing." Jenn snickers in amusement. "You get more pussy than men, girl.''

Soyana giggles before she suddenly turns her attention to me. ''Speaking of pussy. When are you letting Kayden get some of yours?''

My face suddenly feels like it's going up in flames. ''Never.'' I deadpan.

''Oh, please shut it.'' Jenn grunts. ''Did you see him at the opening? If you don't take him, I gladly will.''

''Same here. I totally understand what all the fuss was about. I'll break my 'no men for awhile' rule for him in a heartbeat." Soyana adds.

A weird feelings sets in my guts hearing them talk about him that way. I don't know what it is but its annoying me over my body like some bad itch. As if all my organs are squeezing together and about to burst.