Chapter 46

The saying that time flies when you're having fun is no fucking joke. Life went the hell on as if I just didn't have a summer that feels like it changed my life. Nothing is different with me and the girls. We still try to see each other as much as we can, although now that everything's started back up again, spare time has become a luxury we can no longer afford as much. It's a good thing the days are racing by.

So said days have quickly turned into weeks. Which have now come to be two months, to be exact.

It's now October, the Californian weather is not as stifling anymore and daytime is snagging shorter and shorter. It's also been over a month after I've started my internship... and me and Kayden's almost two months anniversary.

We have been going stronger than I ever thought feasible. It wasn't easy, I can admit to that. With the hours he was making and the hours I was now making at the office with Sandria. Between that and schoolwork throughout Monday and Friday, we could only see each other in the mornings when we woke up together after he got to my place at a somewhat reasonable hour. I have to give him credit, he is getting better and better. He even left at five o'clock with his other employees more than a couple of times to come have dinner with me because he knows I wait for him before I start cooking. We usually have dinner between seven and eight. Sometimes nine when he's got meetings and a lot to do at work, and some nights not at all, like when he spends fifteen hours hurled up inside a studio with some artist until the ass-crack of dawn.

We've found ourselves a rhythm that seems to work for us. If I get out of Sandria's office late and he's already home, he's in charge of cooking and I go over to his place. If he gets out later, he'll be at mine that night and I have to make us some food. Cooking is not our favorite thing to do so he said that would help motivate us to get home quicker.

A relationship is hard with one workaholic, let alone two. So we have to make it work somehow.

We stay in most nights, but he keeps his weekends open and completely free for me so sometimes, we go out and just walk around town, find beautiful spots to spend our time together, sometimes just driving around and smoking. Every time he drives past some place he thinks I'll love, he takes me there. From Six Flags days to wine tastings- and I don't think there's a restaurant left in Los Angeles we haven't dined at yet. We visit art galleries Kayden's really into- he even took me to his favorite festival at the end of August, wanting me to experience it with him. There were really great artists playing and we danced, ate tacos from a stand and drank cheap beer until we had to call an uber to come get us. A good fucking day.

But that's every day with Kayden. If I thought my barriers were breaking down before we got together, it doesn't even compare to what the fuck happened to me now.

I was so stupid to think the media would actually affect the dynamic of our relationship. I'm not going to deny that it fucking sucks to get cornered while you're just standing in line to get on a roller coaster and have the pictures spread around tabloids, but it doesn't change us. My social media accounts are all private so it's not like I receive direct comments on posts. I don't really check the rest.

Okay, I may have checked twitter once. Right after the first photos of us having dinner uptown leaked. I went on there and immediately deleted the app right afterwards. There were a lot of positive comments of girls wanting to support girls, saying they were sick of seeing all male executives in this town walk around with Instagram models on their arms, and were glad to see Kayden and me together for a change. Yeah, it was kind of backhanded, but I got where they were coming from.

And then there were the mildly over middle-aged white men and Karen's who were commenting the most vile things, inquiring on about how a Dominguez could ever lower his standards this low and that the only good thing about me would probably be ''my juicy cunt'', as @ WillP79 so poetically put it.