Chapter 5

Kayden

I've seen and witnessed a lot of crazy shit in this Hollywood life. Met and reveled with your favorite celebrities and went on about my day without even giving it another train of thought.

Sure, the first few times were thrilling. I had to mentally pinch and remind myself that they're ordinary human beings, just like me. But now, a couple of years down that road, I have come to terms with the fact that this is, in fact, my life. I don't even do a doubletake anymore when the biggest names in California stroll into my dad and I's office. When the time hits and I walk out the glass double doors of the building, it's long forgotten.

Perhaps, that is why the fact that I'm unable to get some regular woman out of my head, seems so bizarre to me.

Isabella.

Two times. Two fucking times I've met this girl and she's managed to worm her way into my mind and nestle there, refusing to leave. 

I was fucking pissed when Josh insisted on walking up to that Nara chick, 'one of his best friends'- he claimed. I barely even uttered a word to her, and when I was forced to sit down and endure Joshua working his disgusting charisma on her, I swear I was this close to running for the goddamn hills- or beat the shit out of Joshua for making me witness that shit- either would be fine by me.

And then Nara noticed a girl walking up to our table she seemed to recognize and squealed like a fucking duck. I assumed it was the girl she was waiting on and I whipped my head around out of curiosity before she had even spotted us. And despite the busy boulevards, all I could see was her. She was like an angel in her little white summer dress, marching over to us with her hickory hair caught up, wobbling in the wind like the street was her personal runway and she was some model. When she launched herself at her friend and hugged her so tight Nara's eyes were about to pop out of her sockets, all I could think about was how much more beautiful she looked up close. Her flawless little face behind the frames, her perfect heart-shaped lips, 

I've never believed in love at first sight, and I'm definitely not about to declare my undying love for her. But her proximity did things to me that I've never felt before. Her aura was just... superb. I was intrigued, which doesn't happen a lot for a man that has seen everything. Her standoffishness made me gravitate towards her even more.  

When she sat down and got to talking, I knew she truly was something else. She was smart- very smart, apparently, she is the biggest nerd Josh has ever known- and her smooth, honeylike voice could only be described as ethereal. The way she spoke was so captivating that it gets you hanging on to every word like you're afraid of missing out on the information she's about to give you. The true passion scorching off of her when she was talking about her voyage of becoming an attorney, her soft, almost giggle-like laugh when her friend or Joshua said something funny, or the way she kept glancing over at me every once in a while when she was speaking (which she didn't do a lot of, I noticed)- silently taking me in on their conversation when I was not even contributing whatsoever- kept playing over and over in my head, carved in my mind like a permanent stain.

Quite frankly, the shitshow happening inside my head set me the fuck off. I had just met her, so you can understand how completely freaked out I was. My mind was going a mile per second with her nearby. I've never sat down and given a woman my full-blown benefit like that, outside of work meetings, of course. Maybe that makes me seem like a douchebag- and if you ask some of my bygone... female company, they probably will tell you I am- but it was never like this. She had me hooked before I had even seen the majority of her face, before we had even had a direct conversation.

I had to practically force myself to grab my phone and check the texts I had been ignoring the entire day for me to stop staring at her moving lips. Josh was updating her on his fucking business or something, but all I could concentrate on was this immense feeling washing over me. No woman has had me this overwhelmed with their simple presence. It's just the way she carried herself that just made me want to sit straighter.