Chapter 10

''How very nice of you to grace us with your presence, Bell.'' The grin couldn't be slapped off his face. At least he's not mad.

Am I really being tricked right now? Did Joshua fucking trick me here?

My mind can't even comprehend what's happening. I must look insane, standing by the entryway, mouth agape, feet feeling like they're hammered to the Palladio ivory tiles of the hall. Almost oblivious of my environs.

He's in there. Here. He's here.

There's no way I can spend the day with him. No fucking way. 

I snap my eyes up to Joshua's gleaming ones. ''Who the fuck is that in your kitchen, Josh?''

''That's Kayden.'' He practically sings. Oh my God. Was this the reason for his excitement yesterday? Did he just want to get the two of us here? What the fuck does he think he's doing?

''And you didn't think to tell me you were bringing other people around? What the fuck, Joshua?!'' I hiss. I know I'm just taking my nerves out on him but I don't appreciate being blindsided like this in the slightest. 

He rolls his eyes, then leans the left side of his body against the doorframe and crosses his arms, clearly realizing I'm not coming in any time soon. ''I need to tell you when I bring my best friend around here? 'Cause, I gotta say, Bells. He's here a lot.'' He sounds so casual right now. I want to strangle him.

''If you're inviting me, then yes. You fucking tell me it's not just us.'' My nostrils are flaring at this point. I feel like some kind of angry bull. 

He rolls his eyes, once again. Still as calm as ever. ''Would you fucking relax already? The guy can cook, and the more hands I have to help me on this, the better. So stop the fucking moping and get your ass inside.'' He leaves the door open before he turns back around and strolls off to where he came from.

He can cook? One flaw. God, please just show me one flaw. That's all I'm asking. There's no way he's actually as perfect as it seems.

I'm about to start moving when realization pulls me to a halt. I'm not wearing any makeup. That's not something I would usually care about, but now, it's making me want to reconsider turning around and leaving. Fucking fuck, I'm in sweats. I'm literally in a set of black puma sweatpants and the matching hoodie. Shit. I look like a fucking child without anything on my face. Like my height wasn't enough to dowel me for a 16-year-old, I also have the babyface to tie. Guess I never grew out of it. It's always been a problem of mine. I didn't think to put anything on because Josh has seen me worse than this, and I don't really care how I look in front of him. But Kayden... fuck. I can't believe I'm fucking stressing about not looking good right now. This isn't me.

I close the door behind me with a sigh, and force my feet to the direction of where two deep voices are coming from, and go through Joshua's bachelor's pad. Dreading every single step to the point of feeling like I have a 300-pound weight strapped onto my legs. Every step feels heavier than the last. I don't know how I'm going to do this. My organs are doing cartwheels inside my stomach, and the nauseating feeling only increases the closer I get to the silhouettes by the island in the middle of Joshua's grey and white kitchen.

Josh is the first to notice me walk in. He smirks, then gives Kayden- who's chopping something on some timber cutting board, back turned to me- a look, before he addresses me. ''So we've already done groceries, thought we'd get that out of the way before you arrived. Come take a look.''

That's when I begin to take note of his counter, lined up with rations, greens, fruits, drinks, meats, I think I even see some salmon on there. He's gone all out on this, damn.