The Wedding Planners

The night had slowly quieted naturally as the usually loud family retired to their bedrooms. Björn had laid on his back exhaustedly after dressing in his pajamas and had a book in his hand to read. He was not entirely in the bed yet and it was by habit he would read before going to sleep. It was not so surprising that he should be completely engrossed in the content of it and about everything else, he had tuned out, at least for the little while.

From the bathroom emerged Agnetha in a very light robe and pajamas which were of different color, a light purple, and immediately she crawled onto the bed, not saying anything and plopped down onto her belly with her head on her arms. She did not go unnoticed and Björn had laughed about her state aloud, though she didn't give him the freedom to for long.

"Don't say a word."

"You seem miserable," he said anyway.

"I am."

"You'll thank me for the squats," he said and shamelessly ran his eyes down the length of her body.

"Thank you for the squats... I can't move my legs." He chuckled at her and moved slightly down to her level. She turned over on her side to see him and both were rested on their elbows. Her mind was thinking of what had to be done for the next day already. "Who will we have as our best man and maid of honor?"

"Who do you want to be?"

"I don't know? Frida and Benny? but Linda and Christian. They should be, shouldn't they?"

"Benny and Frida have known us all our lives and they were there for many things... knew about us before anyone else," he reminded her. "But Linda and Christian, they've been supportive of us, and I couldn't be more proud of our children," he smiled. She returned the same expression and nodded. "Isabelle knows someone for invites. They will help design the cards," he told her.

"They will have to be sent as soon as we can get them."

"There's not enough time to receive all the invites back on time and we have to figure out how much food will be catered. We will have to think of something else."

"How?"

"Well, we send the invites and maybe just have them check in on a website. Do you know they can accept or decline online? People create websites these days for weddings and all the information is there. Date, time, place, food options, and so on."

"We used to do it by phone call," Agnetha laughed.

"We can—"

"No, I like the website idea."

The two watched the bedroom door open and in came their eldest casually and took up the space between her parents. She laid on her back and she sighed without an explanation.

"Of all the times I had figured you'd come in between your mother and I, I haven't ever imagined it to be at this age."

"I'm sorry, but I am bored."

"Shouldn't Jens be doing something about it?" Agnetha laughed. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Talk to me. Since he got the new game he won't stop playing. I'm bored. What are you two talking about?" she asked as her mother went on to laugh again.

"The wedding."

"And invites," added Björn.

"Oh! Yes, and another thing, you have an appointment tomorrow. Don't forget." Agnetha stared at her daughter like she couldn't remember. "With catering. Tomorrow you'll choose the type of food you want... and cake. They take cake orders," she said in a voice that attempted to excite them.