Distance, Resistance

Five and a half years of work and planning had brought the four to this night at last. It was long awaited– by those who worked on the project, by the fans, and by ABBA themselves. It was like a rush of good adrenaline that came over them as they traveled three floors down the hotel to reach to the ground floor. The ladies had butterflies in their stomachs and nerves that made them anxious only in the best ways. They'd felt that there was something brand new happening and it was so long since they've last been in the public eye this way. That was all their words had been able to exchange with one another as they had passed in private lifts. It led them to exit straight into the garage where they'd finally been introduced to the larger team of security who'd escort them to the arena, the after party, and back. With all that set in place, arrangement for the four had also been made so that their arrival to the arena would be a unique, memorable one. Contrary to their usual transport, this time was to be by taxi cab.

They were greeted by winds as the sliding doors of The Stratford's garage opened for them and it immediately took them by surprise, at least for the ladies. What a great decision it was that they'd chosen to pin her hair up, Agnetha thought, for breezes already blew blonde strands across her cheek. She pulled her ivory coat over her shoulders a bit better and kept herself bundled.

But the wind wasn't all these four were greeted with. It just so happened that a few lucky fans had been standing outside the hotel and were the first to spot the group as they were preparing to leave. The attention had already started to come from the eyes of fans, camera people, and cars passing by. That loved group was being captured at every moment, even just greeting lucky fans who were swept away by the moment.

It was the first few minutes and they could expect anything. The tall Björn Ulvaeus, in a navy suit, put his hand to Agnetha's back to lead her before him and his attention stayed alert to around him. Yes, it was true, it is something they've done countless times before, and somehow, it seemed to be he would always end up in the same way. Tense, over-focused, and protective. One of the last conversations she'd talked to him about was to lighten up, and though he didn't understand the meaning fully because it was just something he does naturally, he promised he'd comply. The four had taken a few moments to chat with the fans who were in awe of the group and even had a little time to sign a few things for them— even a fan's custom jacket, printed with the abbatars in their spacesuits.

The taxi cab was filled with Frida first, Agnetha, Björn and Benny at last. The woman who drove them kept her cool, but there they were, the four of them inside her taxi cab and she could see them all from her mirror. Going to work that day was not something she could dare to complain about. She was living a million people's dream. How amazing was that? As much as she had prepared herself for this day, it was not met up with the emotions that were now existing within her, and the smile on her face expressed it.

Björn had glanced at the back window behind the girls, seeing the private service cars following them, and bringing his gaze more forward again, they fell onto Agnetha as now they were all seated in an intimate place and he could see her freely. Her cheeks were already rosy, and her laugh was deep listening to the conversation between Benny's jokes with the driver and Frida's as well.

Frida had patted Agnetha's hand, and they shared a content expression to one another. They'd finally do it. It was really time for them to shine, and it was so long awaited.

"The crowd must be already dancing and waiting."

"Yeah," she agreed. "God, I'm anxious," Agnetha smiled admittingly. She spoke in Swedish, as it was the most natural thing to do among the four. "Good anxious. So excited. A bit tense, of course." She fussed with her jacket and her purse a bit and then her eyes met with Björn. She felt comfort and safe, and suddenly seen something else within the eyes she looked into. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "And more tense when he looks at me like that." Björn frowned at her sudden frustration.