Trilingual Conflicts

Late night swims always hit differently. It often brings upon a certain calmness and it somehow always mixes in a splash of excitement. It's breezier in the night time not having the sun to warm the body and it was therapeutic to relax knowing this side of the world is preparing for the day's end. It was quiet. Peaceful.

The stars were brighter that evening, the night was lit by the moon above the bathing couple and from the edge of the pool, they could look over a lot of things, like a sea far below, the landscape straight across from them, and boats down at the distant coast.

As ridiculous as it was, she was swimming in her clothes still even when those twenty minutes passed and they felt weighted against her since he brought her into the water with him spontaneously. The solution had come from Björn. There was no need for anything to be over her shoulders or to hug against her body to shelter. His hands could take care of that duty perfectly fine, he thought to himself. His attempt went failed for a second time.

"No," she giggled and swam away. She'd brought the robe back together and covered every part of her. He gave a questioning look so she'd explain. Her eyes raised to meet him, feeling he was waiting for an explanation to an action not quite in her habit. "Not if you won't tell me," she said. Björn smiled and turned his head to look away. Now he knew. If she was to play that game, he would do the same.

"No." Her gaze on him drifted as she untucked her lip from the bite she placed on it. "What? Are you leaving?" he followed to say. He had found her growing out of the pool in all of her length that he loved, and the robe sticking to all sides of her from being soaked.

"Yeah," she answered, turning back squeezing the water from her hair at first then from her robe and after that her clothes, interrupting his amusement.

She stole his towel and covered herself from his eyes, having her back to him again and he had wondered what she was doing now. But it had all made sense when he'd seen wet clothing drop to the ground one by one. He'd frowned and lost his game from the sight.

"Anna..." he spoke in a voice that emerged low. "Come back." Her brow raised, looking over her shoulder. "Come back in. Nothing else for you to do. Come on," he pleaded again. She sighed dramatically and in a sarcastic undecided way.

"Actually, no. I'm going up to shower. For the third time today even though I hadn't planned on it." She watched his head shake slowly, until he found that her eyes were suggestive when they met his.

"Quiero nadar contigo."

"Qué?" she asked, still trying to get him to translate his words to her.

Agnetha watched him hold his silence, both their eyes closely watching each other, but when he gave nothing away she shook her head and rolled her eyes laughingly. She'd turned around wrapping the towel around her well and walked off with the pile of her clothes.

Björn huffed to himself. He'd left the water too at that point for he had no care to be any place she wasn't and picked up an extra towel on his way indoors.

"I guess you're dying to know what I said," he teased as he followed in after her, around the house and inside the bedroom. He laughed to himself about the fact that keeping what he said from her was not so meaningful, yet he did it anyway to tease her. He read her game, and was interested in knowing how far it'd lead.

"Ah... and I guess you're dying to have what you want," she told him, after passing the bathroom. She pushed the door closed before his chance to follow her, and she stood holding the door just a bit open to see him. He'd cocked his head in thought, smilingly.

"Yeah? And what do I want?" he'd asked. Björn watched her lips turn a sideways smile her almond eyes perfectly to his. She'd not said a thing, but a simple action of dropping the towel had him freeze.