Mood Killer

When hours passed them by late that evening and the summer sun had finally faded into the short hours of darkness, Björn had crawled himself up the bed tiredly, finding that the woman of his life was sitting back on the bed against the headboard in salmon pink cotton pajamas. She had her black frame reading glasses over her face and her phone held against her knees as she watched what was an interesting and informative video. She found recently that she loved YouTube videos— whether it be the vlogs, the Do It Yourself, or the interesting channels that have viewers end up binge watching videos, one after the other without feeling the time go by. He wondered to himself if that was how she spent her nights while he was away. If it were the case, it wouldn't have surprised him and he wouldn't have predicted it any differently. It was a habit of hers that had grown without him being able to recall when it started. Well, he was home now, Björn thought, and this part of her nightly routine could be left for another time.

Agnetha was aware of him right when she felt his weight press against the mattress. Interestingly, he was not moving to his side. He was moving up right where she was, just as if he had a very specific goal. His hand pulled her leg down to give himself room and his determination to get to her left her with chuckles.

She felt his hands on the bed, one at each side of her hips and his mouth beginning to kiss her from her chest to her neck. Her arms went above his shoulders because that was the only chance given, and still he heard from behind his head, loud and clear, the video she was watching. She let him crowd her body though her mind only gave him half the attention he wanted.

"I missed you," he said, his voice low and quiet. He was far buried in her neck, comforted when he could take the scent of her in. "I really did miss you." His kisses were warm to the touch, passionate and filled with need and satisfaction, like she was all he needed for all his life. It was difficult to resist, her eyes closed for a moment to feel him.

"I missed you too," she answered, though the video was still running. His head pulled away until he could meet his eyes to hers. Björn raised her glasses off her face, and she let him, leaving them both to be frozen for a moment then and there. The pause had her stop the video momentarily, and they carried on, him initiating, and she accepting. She returned what he gave slowly, but she didn't have it in her, that same energy that drove him to kiss her. Pulling away he looked at her again, and she to him, blankly waiting to see if it would be just that.

"Did you?" he asked again, not too serious with his question. "Or are you just saying it?"

"Of course I missed you," she answered. "Do I have to tell you I miss you for you to confirm that I missed you?" She bit her lip naturally, and naturally did it draw his attention.

"Yeah. You certainly do." He traced her lip with his finger and then kissed her.

Agnetha's answer came in the roll of her eyes as she pulled her glasses down and played the video once again. He had no better choice than to roll over on his side, watching her— hair French braided again, eyes focused to a small screen, and her eyebrows being knitted closer together. He gestured to the phone with a sigh and propped his head on his fist.

"And if I start creating these kinds of videos one day, don't ask me why. Maybe then you'd listen to me." Her eyes rose from the screen and she locked her phone.

"Björn, I always listen to you."

"I said I missed you."

"And I said I missed you back," she laughed. He shrugged, thinking it wasn't going as planned for him. It was odd. They were always perfectly in tune with each other.

And still, his touch wasn't gone forever, that was his natural love language. She felt his fingertips run up and down her arm, tempting her to give him the attention he was longing to share with her all evening. She hummed, brushing her bangs to the side and way from over her glasses.