Capsaicin

The breeze had howled very calmly that windy night in Port d'Andrtax, bringing the sea to clash waves against the boat and the shore, just a short distance from the pad where two newly wed lovers rested. It was two in the morning and the breeze against the window of the bedroom had created a near whistle from being left slightly open. It was a light sound, but that light sound had turned the ear of the dog which slept and had gotten to so far as to wake the woman who sat up in a gasp, warm and flustered. She sighed to herself and closed her eyes once again.

She had turned to glance over her shoulder and she frowned in thought at the sudden reminder. She had nudged the peaceful man, none too gently until he too had been startled awake.

"Huh, what?" he mumbled sleepily, slurring his words a bit.

"You still love me, don't you?" were the first words he heard and it confused him.

"Of course I love you," he sighed. "Did you wake me for this?" She gulped as she thought to herself, teary and mad at him. He'd seen it somewhat on her face, but he hadn't known what he'd done.

"If Lena came knocking on the door for you, asking you to go find Ares with her because he ran away searching for you, you won't leave me behind in Mallorca and go with her, will you?"

"No," he answered as if it were obvious. He laid back once he understood she had a bad dream. "Come here." He tugged her arm until she rested her head against his chest and his arms wrapped around her.

"You left me with random people and I knew no one."

"How stupid would I be to leave you?"

"Very," she whispered. They had both turned onto their side and buried themselves against each other's warmth in the cool room. Their arms were a comfort against one another and in that lone and simple action, each had found themselves sinking into their sleep for the rest of the hours of darkness.

At dawn, the same blonde woman was awoken much more calmly on her own. The sky was not the light blue yet, but birds could be heard as well as the shore. She had two more blinks before she had sat up and decided that the day was to begin, whether a productive or lazy day it would be, she had not decided yet. What inclined her to leave the bed much faster than normal was that the man normally asleep beside her was missing from it.

Her hunt for him did not lead her far, she was quite amused to find him past glass sliding doors that blew around the sheer curtains inward from the invading winds, and there he sat at the balcony on a chaise calmly taking in warm breezes. She'd not said a word, neither he, and she realized that was because he was sleeping contentedly. He had a novel which she had brought along for herself against his stomach, and if she was honest with herself, it made her laugh. What thought brought him to pick it up? She tied her robe as she stood beside him and it may have been the sudden whiff of the scent of her from the breezes coming and going that Björn was gifted with which brought him to open his eyes.

Björn reached for her hand to invite her to rest beside him and she hadn't really taken long to settle against his side. She'd relaxed into him immediately, and more so when she had felt the gentleness of his hands against her arms. They'd stayed this way for a while thoughtless, speaking nothing at all, and watching the sun rise over the home and their heads and over the sea with a new day to give. Her fingers were softly toying with the edges of his robe for a while before she finally undid the knot which held it together, and that simply exposed just a layer more of clothing. He was gladly allowing of her to roam wherever she wanted, and she had done it simply, not moving more than her fingertips even when she finally grasped what she searched for. She wanted to touch him, to memorize him again knowing what would cause him to react in which way, and in return he held her tighter while she did.