Best Behavior

It was a Thursday morning and the weather was beginning to very slowly change. It was still effectively sunny, even having entered the first week of September, and in the meanwhile, the warmth was combined with a new breeze that sprung anticipation. It meshed well with what was happening, all of the activities, especially with the events waiting to happen as the weekend completely approaches.

It was only Thursday, true, but this was enough to be the start of all the hectics in plan. Aside from it being the day of relaxation tending to beauty and self-care in preparation for the next two days, the to-do list was endless, but it was nothing the bride had to do alone. Today she had her sisters, friends, and daughters at her side for company and fun. The next day was reserved for the rehearsal dinner and packing for the trip, and finally Saturday would be the big day.

"Agnetha, I'm leaving," Björn called. He was actively texting his sister as he stood beside the door waiting for her, to see if she'd need anything before he left. He knew they had much to do for the day, and wasn't sure when he'd see her next. She had emerged from the bathroom in jeans and a tank, and hair she didn't even bother to do more with than clip back since she was going to have it done that day.

"Okay," she said gently, not exactly looking to him more than a casual glance in the mirror.

"Do you need anything?"

"No," she said and put a light jacket on.

"Eva says she is ready for you whenever you are."

"We should be done, I think. I'll see with the girls, if they're finished and we'll go pick her up."

"Okay," he answered looking at the box on the bench beside the door. "What's this?" He lifted the lid and noticed a few things in there, the mini box of the same pearly color, and a white lace piece of clothing and before his thought fully comprehended the champagne bottle too, she had caught him quick and closed the lid as soon as she hurried over beside him. She picked up the box to move it away from where he stood by the door before he could see any more.

"That," she laughed a bit. "Uh, that's not for you to see right now." He watched her move towards the bed and then face him again. His memory was still fresh and he thought hard about what was inside. Could it be what he imagined? He was sure he saw white lace clothing and that was enough for him to want to see more.

"But it is for me to see?" he wondered with a smile. She hadn't answered but there was playfulness in her eyes that had him guessing again and again. "I'll go, I suppose..." She still hadn't said anything and watched him open the door. There was a pause and he looked over his shoulder at her, before letting out a very small chuckle to himself to his own curiosity and he left her.

Stockholm had welcomed seven women to come together, each one having both their own and mutual excitement for the day. The first meeting between Eva and Mona after so many long years stood sentimental. They'd crossed paths just the few times over the years, as rare as that chance was, but this was a moment which felt like a reunion. It bonded two women who became good friends in the past, and both were ready to carry on what once was then and soon will be once more.

The first on their schedule was the spa. It was a great way to begin what was to come on a refreshing note. It was Agnetha's idea to begin with, to treat her friends for standing beside her the past two months, physically or not, and the moment her daughter heard the idea she was sure to make it happen. The entire two months they had rushed and stressed, but coming down to the last two days, it was time for all their joys to fall in place.

The group booking was made a week ago in advance, and they had a large bath, sauna, and seating area reserved for themselves. Linda and Agnetha had prepared 8 boxes, inside were souvenir like gifts, a champagne colored silk robe (except for Agnetha's which was white), small skin care products, and chocolate.