Voyage Ahead

Morning dawned bright and early, beginning with the young girl who was buried beneath a blanket that kept her too warm. She was well rested, and for a moment she forgot where she was entirely.

The room was large, she could see, as she glanced around with heavy eyelids, laying the way she was. Her grandfather was the first sight she'd seen. There was a smile from him as he glanced down from the corner of his eye noticing movement from her, and what she believed could be counted as double chins. He'd only shot her a wink as he resumed to press keys on his MacBook and then she'd sat up to see the rest of the room.

It was grand. Large windows in front of her hugging the room, from floor to ceiling and they were elegantly draped with cream colored curtains at the sides and just sheer ones that diffused the morning light that struck in. Similar windows were on the left and that was all she needed to see before she felt let the drowsiness take her again. She plopped back down towards her grandfather and hugged her pillow until she could truly rise again with better energy. Just like her grandma, he thought.

Well, it didn't take her long. The half awake girl was up and exploring the room in no time. She'd crawled out of the long bed to see what the room had. Her parents had one similar, but not this big. She walked towards the window, and her small height really emphasized how large the room was when Björn had seen her. He had a chuckle to himself, because he found a fascination with her interest. She'd explored the gorgeous sitting area steadily until she looked like she struck gold. Agnetha's iPhone, sitting on the wooden breakfast table. She grabbed it and hurried to bed and crawled beside her grandpa once more.

Of course she knew her grandmother's passcode. She'd learned it by now, paying attention to Agnetha carefully put it in each time. The girl was fit beneath Björn's wing, playing a video from YouTube and felt the morning kiss on the top of her head. He murmured to her to keep the volume low to not disturb the sleeping woman on Nike's other side, but it was too late for that.

"I'm already awake," she smiled.

"Ah. And your grandmother is just fooling us then," he responded. "Good morning." Her eyes opened tiredly and she turned around to face him and little Nike.

"Been awake since I heard you flush the toilet. But they say something about beauty sleep being important and I need that today." The most beautiful woman talking about needing beauty sleep. He'd never understand it.

"You don't even need it," he reminded her. "But it's a long day ahead of us, so I don't blame you."

"What time is it?" Agnetha moved in close to her grandchild and nuzzled in, hugging the girl and kissing her lovingly. "Good morning, grandma's girl. How lucky am I to have you to wake up to? Hm?" She held the girl's face sweetly, and placed a kiss to her temple. She clenched her jaw and pinched those pink cheeks  that had sleep marks, thinking she couldn't ever have enough kisses.

"It's 8:42," he responded over that action.

"Ah. Still early."

"Yes but a lot to take care of today. I'll meet with Benny to see Svana and Ludvig and also arrange security," he rambled his to do list and she only gave it half her attention. He was always this way.

"Won't you go to breakfast? Call Christian. See when they'll go. You'll eat before you do all of that, won't you?"

"And you? Are you going to come down?" She winced a bit to reconsider but she knew she couldn't do it.

"No. I'll just have breakfast here. It's okay. You go." He frowned a bit, but he knew it was probably the best decision. She'd feel more secure.

"Okay," he agreed. "I'll order something for you and have them bring it."