A + B = C

When Björn picked her up, he was all alone. No dogs were in the car with him as they were still at the groomers and they would take another hour or two. He seemed a little distressed about the situation but didn't shift blame onto her for he knew the rush they were in that morning, and it just happened. But as if she needed to hear it another time. It was understandable from her point of view why it mattered so much that he needs his phone. His whole work is on that device, needing to be in contact with whomever at whatever time. He was quickly over it, there was nothing deeply for him to be upset about. And as much as Björn said or asked, her response was short— even if it was to check in on her work day.

"So tell me. How was the session?" asked Björn, the very moment he felt his mood created tension in the car between them. He didn't mean for it at all. He just needed a moment and now he cooled. It was obviously not the same for her.

"It was fine," was her response.

"How many songs so far?"

"Two. Almost. I don't know. Kind of." Her mind was mixed.

The silence of the ride was heavy. Anything he tried to say was closed just as quickly as it was opened by her very short answers. He understood she didn't want to talk and he wouldn't force it. But he couldn't do the full silence car ride— hearing just the ticking of signals and other cars outside of his car. His finger touched the screen inside his car to find a radio station, pulling up a modern tune from a young Swedish artist. It didn't last five seconds. She poked her finger at the power button and shut the whole thing off. The look he gave her was totally ignored.

"Why'd you turn it off? I want to listen to something." He turned it back on.

"I don't." She switched it off once more. Something was wrong, and he sensed it since she got into the car.

"What's the matter?" Back to the silence it was as she turned her eyes to the window. It was the better thing to do than argue in a car. At least with that, she was saving him the distress. But how long could her silence last? She had managed holding her tongue to her timer. The car was parked and before he closed the door on his driver's side she spoke in the manner she knew best when she was upset.

"Ah! Yes. I forgot to tell you. Klara called!" She smiled sarcastically and when she had said it, he looked up at her skeptically. He understood now. This certainly has something to do with her attitude. And he was certain, she did not forget.

"Yeah? What did she say?"

"Well, she didn't say much. But she did tell me to tell you that the contract changes for Christina are set." Agnetha held a thumbs up to him. Björn fiddled with his keys in thought and walked up to follow the clearly unhappy woman before him.

"Okay. So that's what it is," he mumbled. He watched her kick off her shoes at the door and all her belongings were taken with her up the stairs. He hesitated but followed. They entered the bedroom, a relief there was daylight still breaking in, one uplifting thing between the strong tension they held now. "Listen, I should've told you sooner than this."

"And still, it wasn't even you that told me," she laughed to herself.

"Agnetha, it's not as if I was keeping it from you."

"Did I ever say that? I didn't say a thing."

"Well you certainly make it feel that way. It's just another agreement. It's not like we go into detail with everything that you or I do."

"Okay."

"Don't just 'OK', Agnetha. I don't understand. So we made changes... I told you eventually we would. You always knew it."