Surprises to Count

With the last passing hour before midnight, Jens and Christian had returned when their friend had gone back home. The party had come to an end, tiring most, and leading them to clean up so that they may call it a night. Eva was told to stay the night, but she refused and thought the flat would be the best choice. Her items and belongings were there and it would be the easiest for them all. Lolo offered to take her home on her way. Linda, Mona, and Agnetha moved around the living room to the kitchen, while Isabelle and Frida knocked down the decorations and lights that were up. The disco ball was tossed at Benny when he was attempting to leave and he couldn't help himself, because he did want to stay. Frida pinned him with a playful stare and he didn't dare to try and leave again.

The party had condensed to a very small size once Mona retired to her bedroom. Tilda had gone to hers, Isabelle and Christian had gone home, and Linda and Jens took advantage that there was nothing else to be done. They had stuck around for a while until they tired out and it had only come down to the original four.

Their conversations were quiet amongst each other, but at that hour something had changed and everything had become funny. They shared all the memories of the night and reminisced years back in comparison. They talked about everything they wished to accomplish tomorrow down to details of the rehearsal they'd have. Frida was planning to stay in the guest house across the lawn, and there she had everything for herself already situated from earlier in the afternoon. This way, when morning would come, they'd be ready to tackle a list of things and she'd be there already for the rehearsal and dinner too.

Agnetha had returned from the kitchen and brought out the last few chocolate covered strawberries, just the three remaining. She sat beside Björn on the couch, setting her legs up to the opposite side, and since she was the one without a strawberry, Björn shared with her the last bite. She struggled with it as he fed her from over his shoulder and he had eyes on her mouth, which became a little covered in chocolate spots. He looked away and distracted his own thoughts by setting aside the strawberry top down on the plate because what he really would have been ready to do, he wouldn't torture his friends with the scene. Agnetha listened to Benny and Frida, not really thinking of what could be on Björn's mind at all, and casually conversed back with them as she wiped the corner of her lips with her fingers.

It was when his hand moved over just above her knee that he felt something unusual beneath the fabric of her dress. What he had worked hard on to calm his mind was a failure at that point. His thoughts moved into different areas. His fingers lingered on it for a while and could only picture what it was.

"There's a lot you have to finish tomorrow. You should go to bed. I'm sure you're both exhausted," Frida said. "I am tired myself," she smiled. "We rest up now, so we have more energy to party later," she laughed, taking a bite of her strawberry which fell apart from the chocolate covering. They both laughed because that was always something ensured to happen when eating these desserts.

"It's fine. We'll get through it fine," Agnetha said.

"I need to get going anyway," Benny said.

"And I'll walk him out. The guest house is right there. Promise we'll be out of your hair. At least for the night. Tomorrow we'll be here to bother you again."

"It's my joy. Björn, go walk Frida out to the guest house," Agnetha nudged him in a small voice.

"I can do it. Ready, Frida?" Benny said, before Björn could make a move. He was already standing and waiting on her. It took a few minutes for Frida to find her abandoned shoes, her phone, and her purse. The four walked towards the door where they wished one another a good night.

"Frida, do you need anything? Don't hesitate to come back. Just call."

"Agnetha, I'm just at the guest house. I have everything I need. We'll both rest for tomorrow. Good night." She kissed both of their cheeks. Frida held on to Benny's arm as he led her down the steps and the other two remained watching from behind the glass door as they watched their friends cross the yard and past the cars.