Third Wheeler

Now it didn't always turn out that this family had something that joined them together for something so large very often, but today was ensured to be one of those days.

The couple had climbed onto their boat after packing just the simple things they wanted to take, finding that somehow, in someway, they actually found the time to do what they needed. It went according to plan for the most part and by the time they'd finished their most important tasks, they made it out into the sea at last.

Awaiting them on the island of Ekerö were their children and their closest of friends for a brunch. They were excited to be back to the farm for the simple reason that they were entirely famished. They had not even taken any bite to eat since they've arrived to the summerhouse, the only thing truly consumed was coffee... and well, themselves, if it is really important to mention. They had distracted their hungry complaining selves by having a conversation, much of it was of jokes and laughter, another part was of their responsibilities before their trip, their sweet reflection of the night before and a thrill of their visions of Mallorca.

Jens could see from the veranda the boat gently making its way around and he had called the rest of the people in the house to let them know the newly weds were now arriving. They'd all rounded, cheering, seeing that Björn and Agnetha could see their friends, children, grandchildren, and of course even the pets waiting for them to step foot back onto the island. The white flag was wavering on the pole of the boat to let every possible person who set their eyes to the boat know these two were "Just Married."

The family had spent a few hours being company to each other. It was madness on that farm, but only the good kind. Children were screaming and laughing as normal as it ever could have been, the adults were around and socializing, speaking of things in their day to day lives, things that had come up or was to be shared. The friends that had joined were Benny and Frida, Lolo and Görel, and of course Björn and Agnetha's sisters. It was by happy accident that they had a large crowd to surround them with love the day after the wedding and to wish them a farewell before their take off together.

"Björn, I don't think we need to remind you, but in case you forget please remember to not check your emails. Don't even think about it," Görel urged him. She had turned to Agnetha. "Tell me he won't take his laptop. Surely he won't."

"Even me as his wife, I can't make him not take his laptop," Agnetha rolled her eyes tenderly. "We'll see how well he can keep away from running to it once he is there."

"If something urgent comes up, who will fix the issue?" he turned to say.

"Isn't that my job?" Görel asked with a smile. "Worry about your wife for now, I'll worry about you both and your work until you return. How is that?"

"If we need anything, I'll call to check in and bother you to see how you both are doing," Benny teased.

"On the contrary, I hope to not see either of you call," Lolo sad. "This is how I'll know you're having the time of your life, like you should be doing."

"No need to exaggerate about it, it's just a small trip together that's all," Agnetha explained shyly. "It's not like it's the first one."

"Well, even so... I would like to raise this toast for your second honeymoon together, and may it excite you with it's memories and pleasures," Frida winked. They listened to a rumble of voices combine together in roaring agreement having them realize this day and these mix of people are everything they hoped their life would be filled of.

It was only two hours that they had time for and the last hour had found Christian helping his father load a luggage into the car. He'd packed everything, had Peppa on a leash and looked around with his favorite people surrounding him, yet he could not find the one that'd join him.