Slightly Unexpected

"Let's see what you have," Lolo said, entering Agnetha's bedroom with her. It was a small mess, with many clothes neatly set aside to be packed, boxes of things and the closet door still open from the morning. Agnetha apologized for it by habit and Lolo found her way to the closet to shuffle through her friend's clothes.

There were many options they went through. A dress was definitely what was searched for and three options were pulled out. Agnetha held whatever was handed to her against her chest so Lolo could give her opinion. There was a deep purple dress, a colored striped one, and a black one. Agnetha watched her friend scrunch her face.

"White. You need a white one."

"Wait I set those aside." She moved to the other side of the room where the large window was and she picked up the long white dress from the stack of dresses she had set aside of about 8 small piles of clothing items between hers and Björn's.

"How is this?" She held it up, letting all of it loose and reveal its length.

"It's perfect, Agnetha. Try it on." She didn't take long to do that, and she stood in front of the mirror fixing the dress. She hadn't worn it but perhaps once all summer. It was very light, with thin straps on the shoulders, and long to just above her ankles. There was a detail she didn't like about it, every time she wore it. It was light and the consequence was that it was see-through. As she stood in front of the mirror the hesitation passed thinking about what had to be done, so she solved her issue.

Agnetha leaned in front of the bathroom mirror and had applied very light make up to her eyes. She had nothing on the whole day, but she couldn't party like that. Her hair was perfectly blonde, and shiny, but all she needed was the few touch ups like concealer below her eyes, mascara, lip stick and a bit of blush to rose her cheeks.

Frida had entered the room wondering why they hadn't returned to the main floor again, but she didn't complain because her friend looked great with what she had on. She immediately complimented her and had hung around, leaned against the bed until she finished. She found the box they had gifted her the day before beside her on the bed and realized there was one last touch to be added.

"Ready."

"No, wait," Frida said, opening the small box. She held the silky, white garter in her hand and approached Agnetha.

"Oh," she laughed. "That's not... necessary."

"Why not?" Frida asked.

She looked away shyly and when she brought her attention back to her friend, she found that Frida had squatted a bit and she slipped it on Agnetha's right leg.

"Let's go party. We've been waiting all week for this night."

"Impossible. That long ago since you planned it?"

"Since last week."

The three ladies descended to hear party hits blaring. Agnetha was still not aware who else was home besides those who sat around the living room, already dressed up and in quite a good mood. Agnetha remained careful and cautious with how the night would go. She asked about the grandchildren, and they had told her not to worry, they're visiting Emma's to be with their cousins for the night. Tilda stuck around because Tilda was older (and entirely nosey around the adults) and truly, she was the one who put a lot of work alongside Frida when she heard about a bachelorette party.

"You organized it?"

"My gift to you," Tilda gave a cute, playful smile, scrunching her nose and closing her eyes.

"Who organized theirs?" she wondered.

"Me also. Papa and Uncle Christian planned it with Benny, but I made it nice for them and gave them ideas, or really they would have done nothing. But what the guys planned for grandpa isn't close to what will be happening here." Agnetha smiled joyfully to her granddaughter, placing her hand to her cheek.