Dinner Plans in Paradise

The television was one of the first things heard that sunny morning apart from the soft chatter being exchanged at the table. The wide glass panels that exposed the outdoor scene and being open, they invited in warm winds, blowing the hair of the 77 year old man whose eyes hardly left the woman speaking. Certainly the chatter had belonged to Agnetha and Björn, the two each sipping their own coffee during the relaxed conversation they shared. They had both been awake for a while now, and they took their time with starting the morning off right for everyone, by laying out food to be consumed and beverages to have so they could be refreshed for the day's start. Two of the youngest children had been across the room all that time, lounged on white sofas and in eye's sight while they were watching cartoons that transitioned to videos of slime making. They were most entertaining, and admittedly, it was entertaining to the adults too.

"Oh!" groaned their mid-age son with a pleased smile on his face. "Mama. You really didn't need to make all of this," Christian said as he pulled a chair and slid into it quickly. He didn't hesitate to pour coffee and put food on his plate, not waiting for any of the others to join. The discussion his parents were having paused immediately at his arrival, both amused by his eager entry into space. Both parents understood the sarcasm in their son's words— no she didn't have to make all that food, but it was clear that he was so grateful it was done, ready, and taken care of. His belly was craving to be filled and his appetite was open. From over his shoulder, he called back to the children who were watching, but Agnetha informed him they already ate.

"They're already fed," she smiled. "Good morning," Agnetha greeted Isabelle and Anna who passed by as well, their hands reaching for fruit slices in clear bowls.

"Good morning," each of them beamed, sunglasses holding back their hair over their heads, and both dressed in summer clothes over their swimsuits beneath. "It's another day in paradise."

"We are getting so used to it, I am going to dread the minute we have to leave," Agnetha laughed.

"We should think up when the next trip will be from now, just so that we have something to look forward to when we are back."

"Brilliant idea," Christian told them. "But I would rather focus on the fact we are here, and not begin to think about us leaving just yet."

"You're so very right," his mother agreed. She lifted her cup with both hands to her lips. "What is the agenda? You all look ready to get out and do something," she noted.

"Thinking of taking the kids to the beach. There's really nice areas here. Why don't you come?" Isabelle had told them. Björn nodded his head in thought, considering it would be a nice and fun idea.

"This here is enough of a paradise trip for me," Agnetha told them, standing to her feet as she noticed there was silverware missing. Calle was just joining at the table, and she was observant; he would need a fork and spoon too. Agnetha was on it. She moved behind Björn as she walked around, gently brushing against his shoulders and then stroking his cheek with her thumb in the same move. "Don't forget to take this one too," she told them, referring to Björn. "He looks a bit old, but heart is still a child."

"No," he snickered. "If you go, I go. You stay, I stay." She giggled at him silently, her words nothing more than an obvious and certainly unserious tease. As if she'd prefer him to be anywhere else than beside her.

"It will be fantastic for you guys," she told them. "Go, take them, and have fun. Papa and I are on the same two steps together," she informed. "Those two steps lead outside," Agnetha pointed, her voice coming in with a chuckle. "Take pictures and enjoy the sand."

Wind was softly brushing over them as they laid only partially in the sun later that afternoon. The relaxed grandparents had the villa to themselves and those hours were spent laying about and swimming in the cool water. They talked what felt endless, exploring all different edges of the pool, whether the main swimming pool or the second, or the hot tub bedside their room. They often thought of putting together light snacks to eat from the kitchen, and whatever they did during the day, it ended with going back to the outdoors to redo the same things again.